Brady Anderson's role

Frobby

It certainly seems like Brady's got a pretty substantive role. Buck today on hiring Scott Coolbaugh: "The last piece was getting him in front of Brady, and Brady was very impressed." http://m.masn.mobi/school-of-roch/2014/12/showalter-sees-coolbaugh-as-a-very-good-fit.html

He seems to have a very unique job: personally training players in California in the winter, overseeing the physical training, having some role in selecting coaches and minor league staff, occasionally getting involved in contract negotiations. He seems to kind of straddle the line between being a front office guy and a field guy.

I've seen others mention him as a GM candidate if Dan Duquette leaves, but it's hard to tell if he's developing the classic skill set for that job. He seems more like a professional troubleshooter. In any event he seems to play a pretty valuable role for the organization.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It certainly seems like Brady's got a pretty substantive role. Buck today on hiring Scott Coolbaugh: "The last piece was getting him in front of Brady, and Brady was very impressed." http://m.masn.mobi/school-of-roch/2014/12/showalter-sees-coolbaugh-as-a-very-good-fit.html

He seems to have a very unique job: personally training players in California in the winter, overseeing the physical training, having some role in selecting coaches and minor league staff, occasionally getting involved in contract negotiations. He seems to kind of straddle the line between being a front office guy and a field guy.

I've seen others mention him as a GM candidate if Dan Duquette leaves, but it's hard to tell if he's developing the classic skill set for that job. He seems more like a professional troubleshooter. In any event he seems to play a pretty valuable role for the organization.

For anyone who may have thought that Brady simply had a title, it is evident that he is absolutely second in command in baseball ops. I have no idea if he would be a good GM. Maybe someday when Dan gets the title of President we will find out.

Yeah he's our jack of all trades/fireman.

I love that about him.

Absolutely zero confidence in him as a pure GM though. Talent evaluation and roster construction at all levels of the org--seems way beyond him doing walking handstands with Reimold and convincing DD to re-sign him.

• 1 year later...

Bump...seems like Brady's popping up all over the place, playing a major role in re-signing Darren O'Day and hiring assistant hitting coach Quinn, and working out with various players this offseason (including at least Miguel Gonzalez, Mike Wright, Jason Garcia, Trey Mancini, and Mike Yastrzemski). He's also been vocal about hoping the team will be "quicker to react" on players who are approaching free agency. http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2015/12/os-brady-anderson-on-davisoday-i-hope-in-the-future-we-are-quicker-to-react.html

I really think that whenever Duquette leaves here, Brady is the heir apparent to the GM job.

Bump...seems like Brady's popping up all over the place, playing a major role in re-signing Darren O'Day and hiring assistant hitting coach Quinn, and working out with various players this offseason (including at least Miguel Gonzalez, Mike Wright, Jason Garcia, Trey Mancini, and Mike Yastrzemski). He's also been vocal about hoping the team will be "quicker to react" on players who are approaching free agency. http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2015/12/os-brady-anderson-on-davisoday-i-hope-in-the-future-we-are-quicker-to-react.html

I really think that whenever Duquette leaves here, Brady is the heir apparent to the GM job.

Yep. One of my best friends has very close ties to the Angelos family. It has become obvious to me over the course of the last two years especially that Brady has the complete trust, respect, and admiration of the Angelos family. His name just kept coming up as an integral part conversations. When I mentioned that he would be the next GM to people, they scoffed...which I kind of understood, but it is looking more and more plausible.

Yep. One of my best friends has very close ties to the Angelos family. It has become obvious to me over the course of the last two years especially that Brady has the complete trust, respect, and admiration of the Angelos family. His name just kept coming up as an integral part conversations. When I mentioned that he would be the next GM to people, they scoffed...which I kind of understood, but it is looking more and more plausible.

I believe this. As soon as 2019.

Brady is probably the most exciting thing the organization has going for it. I think he's going to be an excellent GM and I hope we don't miss out on that before someone else hires him away.

Who would have thought the surfer dude, skitching (holding onto running cars while skateboarder) rides to the ball park, would turn out, to be a high level organization front office due.

I love that about him.

Absolutely zero confidence in him as a pure GM though. Talent evaluation and roster construction at all levels of the org--seems way beyond him doing walking handstands with Reimold and convincing DD to re-sign him.

Reimold is no worse then the AAAA players Duquette brought in last year. I understand your point, but pointing at an outfielder certainly didn't nail it home.

He also inspires some confidence when he speaks, something that Dan does not excel at. Not that that is worth much, but I just think Brady is going to be able to garner respect from both players and opponent GMs alike. Who doesn't like Brady? He's a guy that has his **** together.

I hate to compare him to Flanny, but we all thought Flanny had his *** together and everybody liked the dude, and well, we all know how that turned out.

I have always like Brady, and hope he continues to shine in whatever role the Orioles give him.

I hate to compare him to Flanny, but we all thought Flanny had his *** together and everybody liked the dude, and well, we all know how that turned out.

I have always like Brady, and hope he continues to shine in whatever role the Orioles give him.

I like the way the O's are grooming Brady. He's getting front-office assignments but also knows what's going on at the field level. He is being groomed gradually.

Archived