Md vs NCSt

markpolis

I know beaner and ND can't bring themselves to root for Duke in any circumstance, and I certainly understand, but screw it, go Duke tonight. I want that ACC Championship in the regular season, and we've got the easiest schedule the rest of the way. It'll be tough because UNC and BC both hold tie breakers over us, but, damnit, why not. I'll be rooting for Duke to beat BC tonight, BC to beat Carolina on Saturday, and then BC to falter somewhere else down the road. Us winning out gives us the conference championship. Simple right?;)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know beaner and ND can't bring themselves to root for Duke in any circumstance, and I certainly understand, but screw it, go Duke tonight. I want that ACC Championship in the regular season, and we've got the easiest schedule the rest of the way. It'll be tough because UNC and BC both hold tie breakers over us, but, damnit, why not. I'll be rooting for Duke to beat BC tonight, BC to beat Carolina on Saturday, and then BC to falter somewhere else down the road. Us winning out gives us the conference championship. Simple right?;)

You are correct my friend, I cannot root for Duke, however a Duke win tonight certainly wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Although now Virginia Tech looms a threat, they have the tiebreaker over both of our teams.

You are correct my friend, I cannot root for Duke, however a Duke win tonight certainly wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Although now Virginia Tech looms a threat, they have the tiebreaker over both of our teams.

Oh, no question, the Hokies are playing tremendously right now, although I just have a feeling that on March 1st, in Charlottesville, on Senior Night, Mr. Reynolds might go ahead and take care of that problem.

Oh, no question, the Hokies are playing tremendously right now, although I just have a feeling that on March 1st, in Charlottesville, on Senior Night, Mr. Reynolds might go ahead and take care of that problem.

You guys can do what we couldn't, beat Virginia Tech..Who'd have ever guessed that.

Yea, I'll tell you, the game last night reminded me alot of our game in Chapel Hill earlier in the year. We hung around till around the 9 or 10 minute mark in the second half, and you guys went on a nice run to put it out of reach, and I thought that would happen last night, but Tech just wouldn't go away.

Not hitting our free throws could comeback to haunt us (seemed worse until Mike hit two in the last minute). Coster has 3 fouls so hopefully that will eventually help us out.

What happened in the last seconds of the half??? I just see the score jump up to 39-37???

Clemson and Wake are tied at the half...let's hope Wake holds on

I'm at the lib writing a paper and can't watch. To add to that I can't get whfs or cstv broadcasts of the game, so I'm following on the yahoo stat tracker :mad:

Well, halftime in Raleigh, and the Terps are up by 2. Who knows anymore with them. I wouldnt be shocked to see them go out and blow out State by 15, or go out and lose by 15. This game is alot like the FSU game. MD was down three at the half, and proceeded to get "Thornton'ed" in the second half.

BTW, beaner, we can talk about Tech later, I am absolutly terrified of Thornton this weekend. He is a beast, and Cain is gonna have to try and guard him, which could get ugly. He is the type of guy that can single handedly win a game, not to mention they will be playing for their entire season. Did I mention I'm terrified of this game?

10 min left and we're up 10 points. Ebekwe has four fouls on him, but Atsur, Costner, McCauley, and Horner (4 of their top 5 in scoring) have 3 and they seem to have stopped making their free throws.

Edit: After an NCST basket and Strawberry three pointer we're up 11 with 8 min to play.

Archived