Md vs NCSt

markpolis

Just the way he carries himself. I have noticed, not just tonight, that after his team loses, he rarely talks to the other coaches or seems to give a damn at what they are saying to him. Kind of like, get the hell out of my way type thing.

I dont know man, that's a little weak. Alot of coaches don't chit chat it up with the other team after a loss. Im impartial on Skinner really, but I haven't seen anything about him I dislike. Actually respect him for kicking a player off his team who, if he would have been able to stay on the team, could have made them a NC contender IMO.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Skinner seems to be pretty classless as well. I really can't stand them.

I don't mind Skinner that much, although I'm sure he doesn't try to stop the "thuggish" style they play. My hatred goes back to Jim O'Brien and that 1994 team who beat Carolina in the second round. They literally tried to kill some of the Tar Heels. Danya Abrams clotheslined Derrick Phelps going up for a layup and knocked him out cold.

:rolleyes:

Because it was a poor statement. To say they can't win 4 in a row, after they have already won 5 in a row, is poor IMO.

Duke, despite losing 4 of the last 5, is a BETTER TEAM right now than they were before. The freshman are better and the team is now going 9 deep.

The only loss that really hurt was the FSU loss and they have beat the best team in the country this year..Florida.

You said THEY WILL win their next four, after losing 4 of their last 5 I said I don't think they can. That makes my statement aweful? Complete crap. Nice logic on the whole FSU beats you and beat Florida so that wasn't a bad loss.

Yet many said that Maryland should never LOSE to Florida State and it was SO dissapointing when we went down there and lost to them.

I don't mind Skinner that much, although I'm sure he doesn't try to stop the "thuggish" style they play. My hatred goes back to Jim O'Brien and that 1994 team who beat Carolina in the second round. They literally tried to kill some of the Tar Heels. Danya Abrams clotheslined Derrick Phelps going up for a layup and knocked him out cold.

What makes BC thuggish and Duke physical?

Because it was a poor statement. To say they can't win 4 in a row, after they have already won 5 in a row, is poor IMO.

Duke, despite losing 4 of the last 5, is a BETTER TEAM right now than they were before. The freshman are better and the team is now going 9 deep.

The only loss that really hurt was the FSU loss and they have beat the best team in the country this year..Florida.

Saying they can't win 4 in a row is no more a poor statement than saying Duke will win the next 4.

BTW....Good win for Duke. But one thing I noticed is that they started playing keep away and to not lose with about 8 min left. I have never seen a Coach K team not stay aggresive and keep their foot on a downed opponents throat. Just like I've never seen a Duke team pass up the open looks they passed up in the MD game. Definitely a different team from Duke this year compared to what we are used to seeing from them

You said THEY WILL win their next four, after losing 4 of their last 5 I said I don't think they can. That makes my statement aweful? Complete crap. Nice logic on the whole FSU beats you and beat Florida so that wasn't a bad loss.
It is called a prediction.

And i am just pointing out that even though you want the FSU loss back, it is still not a bad loss.

Yet many said that Maryland should never LOSE to Florida State and it was SO dissapointing when we went down there and lost to them.

Well no offense, that is because those fans were in dream land. FSU is every bit the team MD is and they had you at home.

I don't think Duke is physical at all, I think they're a bunch of you know what's to be honest. BC has been thuggish for years, they beat you up, still playing the Big East style.

Duke plays extremely physical defense. This year, maybe not too much, but they beat on teams in Cameron and get away with a lot of contact.

BC plays a physical brand of basketball, but that doesn't mean they are thuggish, it is just a different style than ACC teams are used to.

Well no offense, that is because those fans were in dream land. FSU is every bit the team MD is and they had you at home.

Yeah, going back and looking at your comments on FSU I see you have a lot of respect for them. I think they are undervalued and am not looking forward to playing them again.

Duke plays extremely physical defense. This year, maybe not too much, but they beat on teams in Cameron and get away with a lot of contact.

BC plays a physical brand of basketball, but that doesn't mean they are thuggish, it is just a different style than ACC teams are used to.

I cant really disagree with either statement, although Duke's not getting away with as much now as they did back in Battier days. They just don't have as much talent anymore.

BC seems to play much dirtier than the ACC teams are used to. It's a little better now without Williams, I'll agree. The last few years were pretty bad. They also talk more trash than anyone in the conference. It goes back years with them, Billy Curley, Abrams...etc. Those guys started it at BC.

When you say they can't win 4 conference games in a row after they have won 5 in a row just last month, it makes the statement awful.

The first three of those five were against the worst teams in the ACC. The next 4 come against two teams that they have lost to and one team they beat by two points on a human clock error. Apples and oranges. My statement is no more aweful than your prediction.

BTW, my statement was a PREDICTION, just as yours was.

Archived