Md vs NCSt

markpolis

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For one, this is a game they have to win. Second, NC State is not a deep team. If the defense can be harassing and energized, it'll wear them down, force mistakes, and put Maryland in the position to win the game. A loss would be a tremendous letdown for a number of reasons. It would also be, in my mind, unacceptable tonight.

Mackus is exactly right. If they lose tonight, the Duke game means jack squat. This team has confused me all year, as I thought for sure they'd be a tourney lock and maybe a top 4 team in the conference, but they've just been so inconsistent. Can they be as up as they were for Duke for NC State tonight?

I think that the Terps get it done tonight. This is the type of team that Maryland should press full court and try and make it helter skelter. State can only go 7 deep really, and their best ballhandler, Atsur, is a step slow because of an injury from earlier in the year.

Maryland 72

NC State 64

I hope they'll have just as much emotion. I think we can't afford a loss to NCST in either of the two games left against them. If we can win those and the FSU game we'll be on the bubble. If we win those 3 along w/ one of the remaining three then it's a good chance we get in as long as there aren't too many upsets in the conference tournaments.

I'm going to say that the Duke win helps us and we get our firsrt back to back wins in ACC play.

MD wins 82-72

With a win and a Duke loss at BC, we jump to 6th in the ACC. And then if Wake manages to beat Clemson at Wake, we're 5th. A first round bye looks unlikely (we're 3 games behind VT and UVa in the loss column and they both hold tiebreakers), but that would give us a first round ACC game against the last place team. I know this is all looking pretty far ahead, but it's starting to be time to think about tourney matchups.

With a win and a Duke loss at BC, we jump to 6th in the ACC. And then if Wake manages to beat Clemson at Wake, we're 5th. A first round bye looks unlikely (we're 3 games behind VT and UVa in the loss column and they both hold tiebreakers), but that would give us a first round ACC game against the last place team. I know this is all looking pretty far ahead, but it's starting to be time to think about tourney matchups.

I'm setting myself up to look really bad here, but I think Wake upsets clemson tonight. Just a hunch, but I think they'll beat them. As for the Terps, I hope they come out as hungry as they did on Sunday.

Archived