Md vs NCSt

markpolis

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice win by the Terps, but the uphill battle continues. How huge is that MD-Clemson game now? Is Clemson gonna need a win there to stay in the dance??

You said it, if Clemson losses tomorrow they'll be 3-7 for their last 10 games. A win would put us on track for an 8-8 ACC record. A win in the ACC tournament on top of that and I would be sitting easy come selection Sunday.

Work isn't over yet though. These guys have to keep playing hard and not think they're a lock for the big dance.

Nice win by the Terps, but the uphill battle continues. How huge is that MD-Clemson game now? Is Clemson gonna need a win there to stay in the dance??

The Clemson game is a huge game. No doubt the Terps have more talent, but Littlejohn is a tough place to go. Gist really needs to have a big night.

Yea Terps!

Now 5-6 in the conference with a tough set of games coming up -- gotta go into Littlejohn and still have to play dook on the road and Carolina at home. If we can somehow win one of those games and take care of business at home we'll be looking good

With Clemson losing to wake (wow!) tonight, Md has a real shot to move up to the 5 seed in the acc tourney -- we wont get a BYE but we'd get to play the #12 seed in the opening round which would be a nice cheap tourney win.

The acc is once again the best conference in the US and i think they will get 7 or 8 teams in the tournament which is insane.

This team could have easily come out tonight and laid an egg after being their big rival earlier this week but they went out and took care of business. There is no way the same team I watched tonight lost to Miami at home...no way.

That being said, they need to do a better job of finishing the cupcake baskets and it couldn't hurt to improve their free-throw shooting (although after watching NCSU shoot FTs tonight, I don't have much to complain about I guess).

Big win, they looked very good at times in both halves, especially towards the end of the second, they really started looking like a team that could be a NCAA bid team. Vasquez is really coming into his own and Hayes is making some big big shots. Gist really has that 10-13ft jumper down and has gotten some occasional range.

These next two weeks are critical but I am starting to become more optimistic:D

Very solid game all around. I think this trend of our bigs all getting in early foul trouble could come back to bite us, but we've played very well the last two games. Need to keep it up.

Agree completely about Hayes and Vasquez. They are the future of the program, and I'm completely fine with that.

Very solid game all around. I think this trend of our bigs all getting in early foul trouble could come back to bite us, but we've played very well the last two games. Need to keep it up.

Agree completely about Hayes and Vasquez. They are the future of the program, and I'm completely fine with that.

Landis Milbourne could be a key player next year, especially if Jai Lucas goes elsewhere. He could end up being the starting small forward. Don't know much about his game, but his minutes will jump next year.

Big win and and was pretty impressive doing it. By far the best game they have played in the conference this year. After the Duke game I said I didn't see anything that gave me much confidence in the team going forward, now I see some momentum and solid play that is giving me some cautious optimism. Big test this weekend against Clemson who will be at home and desperate. I think I will get a much better read on this team based on how they play in this game.

BTW....How much is the Miami game hurting now. Win that game and we are sitting really pretty right now.

I could not be more wrong at halftime.:eek:

Yea, I think SG and I saw the same thing with this game. Everyone is down on Duke, and BC has been pretty good lately. That always makes for a trap type situation, with BC maybe being a little cocky and no one expecting much of Duke. We'll see though, plenty more to come.

Yea, I think SG and I saw the same thing with this game. Everyone is down on Duke, and BC has been pretty good lately. That always makes for a trap type situation, with BC maybe being a little cocky and no one expecting much of Duke. We'll see though, plenty more to come.

Agreed. That last foul on Dudley was complete crap and it was huge. He is their most important player and he hasn't touched the ball nearly enough. If I were Al Skinner I would take that Oates kid to the side and tell him if he shoots another 3 he will be riding the pine.

Duke is really taking advantage of BC switching on D. They are beating BC into the lane and when their bigs come to help they are making beautiful passes to McRoberts.

Duke will win tonight and will win their next 4 games, setting up the UNC game to determine if they are 9-7 or 10-6 in conference.

BTW, very impressive game by MD tonight. That is the way you follow up a huge win when you go on the road.

The Clemson/MD game is HUGE this weekend. I think the winner will make the tourney and the loser is in trouble.

I expected Duke to win tonight, but not to blow them out..Makes Maryland's win look that much better.

This says little about Maryland's win. BC is putting out a PATHETIC effort. Now, Duke has looked great, but I would bench the starters if I were Skinner. Put some kids out there who want to play.

Archived