A Beautiful Sight...

-j.

Good luck to Erik and the M's. All he did for the O's was pitch every 5th day for about 6-7 innings. He barely did anything for the fans or the community. I will be glad when the rest of these prima donnas are gone (Mora, Gibbons, Huff). BRob is the guy we will all be upset if/when he goes.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rochester
Just do it. You know you are a closet Mariner fan at heart. ;)

The Mariners are tough to really dislike....especially when you have the MFY and Sawx in the same division as us.

I think that the Seattle fans will appreciate Bedard more seeing him consistently.

About Bedard and the Media:

I think if you asked Bedard and Mussina for a written opinion about sportswriters in general, it would be nearly identical: I don't think either has ANY use for them, and both believe themselves to be way smarter than any of 'em (and they're both probably right!). But Mussina generally answered their dopey questions with respect, all the while looking like, "you (the fans) and I BOTH know that was a ridiculous question, but I'll answer it anyway." For some reason, I felt like I was in on the joke with Mussina (at least when he was an Oriole). With Bedard, it seemed to genuinely bother him that he had to be subjected to the lowly task of speaking to the media dogs. And that made it look like he was talking down to both the reporter AND us fans. It may have been a hoot to his clubhouse pals, but it never sat well with this fan.

Regardless, I sure loved watching him pitch every fifth day!

Enjoy Bedard when he begs out of game in the 7th inning after throwing 90 pitches.

Nice. You're right, I'd much rather have a real man who refuses to come out of the game until he's running on vapors after 125 pitches and leaves three guys on base in a disintegrating game situation for his bullpen.

I know ballplayers are supposed to be ultra Type A personalities who know that they're invincible and love to hold court with the press telling off-color jokes and slapping Roch on the back, but I think it's refreshing to find someone who knows their limits and doesn't try to be something he isn't.

I think 10 years of losing has warped the priorities of many Oriole fans.

Enjoy Bedard when he begs out of game in the 7th inning after throwing 90 pitches.

This complaint always reminds me of game 7 of the 2003 ALCS...a fresh but lesser pitcher can often be better than the best pitcher in baseball with nothing left in the tank. If you're done it can help the team more if you're honest about it instead of being a "man."

Archived