Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

Whatever happens we are covered thanks to that Dan Duquette Deep Depth.

I'm just glad we're not counting on Nolan as plan A. Nothing but opportunity now.

Nolan falls under Plan God help us if we're desperate enough to need him - or as they say Plan GHUIWDETNH.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On what basis?

Flaherty is 28, coming into this fourth year in the majors and has an OPS+ of 80. His numbers last year were actually slightly down from 2013.

My basis? I had the same surgery as Reimold and still can barely move my neck or lift my right arm over my head. A healthy Flaherty has a better chance then Reimold ever being the same.

My basis? I had the same surgery as Reimold and still can barely move my neck or lift my right arm over my head. A healthy Flaherty has a better chance then Reimold ever being the same.

Manning had the surgery and seems to be doing OK.

But sure, Flaherty has 2% of becoming Anderson and Reimold has 1.9% of being Manning.

It doesn't change my original point, that fans are every bit as baseless in their optimism about Flaherty as they are Reimold.

But sure, Flaherty has 2% of becoming Anderson and Reimold has 1.9% of being Manning.

It doesn't change my original point, that fans are every bit as baseless in their optimism about Flaherty as they are Reimold.

Wasn't Manning last surgery, his 2nd or 3rd? Not sure he is fine, either, end of the season, lots of short passes, and none of his classic long throws.

I don't think Reimold or Flaherty will ever be much. But I know what this injury can do. Im 6'3" 265 and at one point could barely lift my razor to shave. I'd bet on Flaherty before Reimold if given a choice. But everyone recovers different. Manning also had some special treatment done overseas too. Did Reimold?

Wasn't Manning last surgery, his 2nd or 3rd? Not sure he is fine, either, end of the season, lots of short passes, and none of his classic long throws.

He won the MVP in 2013.

For the record I am not expecting anything out of Reimold.

That was never the point I was making.

My point was that Flaherty has as many wildly optimistic fans as Reimold.

He won the MVP in 2013.

For the record I am not expecting anything out of Reimold.

That was never the point I was making.

My point was that Flaherty has as many wildly optimistic fans as Reimold.

Honestly, if we have to expect production from Flaherty and/or Reimold, 2015 could be a long season. I think we all can somewhat agree on that.

FWIW, I'm expecting a big break.................out from Reimold this year. Though the idea of his contributions might strain.................credulity, I think he's got enough left in the tank to claw and tear.................his way back to the top. Indeed, his emergenc.................e might prove to be one of this season's biggest stories. Not that we need to discuss it now to give something Reimold-related a lot of...traction.

[this post is fragile, please handle with care]

Sure, I was never trying to make that point either. :D

Oh I know. I've always been a big Reimold fan. Love nothing more for him to hit 35 bombs and OPS .800+. My Dr said I was slowly going paralyzed. So im thankful to be walking. Pain is only as bad as your tolerance to it.

My Apologies,

I appreciate what you bring to the board and how much insight you have of the O's.

What I'm saying is with how great the 2014 season was without Matt,Manny and Chris it's difficult to think they could be better without Cruz,Nick and Miller.It just doesn't seem like an even trade up. Will Matt be able to catch and hit and Manny how long of a season will he have, then Chris will he hit like he did in 2013?

It just seems like the O's could of added a solid piece in the off season to help maintain there 2014 season. I hope our pitching maintains it's 2014 edge and there are some potential role player's it's just hard to visualize the out come.

I do believe there could have been some additions made, but I'm not the GM and it's sad to say we didn't have one most of the winter.

Nolan Reimold signed minor league contract with the O's yesterday. I heard a collective yawn. But if he is healthy he could be one of the O's best players at LF/RF/DH.

Lets look at the career numbers.

Pearce, 1081 AB, 768 OPS

Reimold, 1005 AB, 762 OPS

Young, 3934 AB, 742 OPS

De Aza, 1954 AB, 733 OPS

Snider, 1546 AB, 716 OPS

Lough, 548 AB, 701 OPS

If Reimold shows up in ST camp healthy and does what he can do he has the ability to make a contribution. He can play LF, RF and DH. He has speed. He has power. He has a rightfielder's throwing arm. He hits lefties and righties. He is patience and can lead off.

Being on a minor league contract will allow the O's to have him begin the year in the minors if that is what the O's want.

Nolan has to prove he is healthy and can put up his career numbers. If he does the O's may need to make space on the roster at some point in the not distance future.

Wondering if wildcard is in fact Dan Duquette, because this is exactly the sort of Pollyananaish thinking that has driven this entire off season...

I doubt they hang on to anybody that isn't producing.

Buck has already said, he will play those that earn the right to play.

And he has said this before, but doesn't always manage that way. I imagine Delmon Young has a pretty long leash before losing at bats vs LHP at the very least, and a very long leash before losing his roster spot.

Archived