Machado not in top ten per mlb network

BohKnowsBmore

Yeah. I would like to ask Stotle to show us his list of 3B whose overall production he'd like to have for the next 3 years, regardless of contract, before Machado.

Stotle is one smart dude. However, he's kind of like the devils anti-Oriole advocate around here. He's right more often than not and more often than me. I can't resist this one though. He once said that if Machado had been available in the 2011 draft (Machado was drafted in 2010) that he would have drafted 17 players before Machado in that draft. Nobody's perfect.

You are right, he is quite bright and a real baseball insider. But he is a bit of an Oriole denier when it comes to evaluating their Rock Hall worthiness. I wonder if he would have put Rush in?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Manny is a great player don't get me wrong. A lot of Manny WAR comes from his D. His Bat is gonna have to get better if he wants to make the Hall.

And I never said he would make it. It will just be that he is an outlier if he does not based on comps.

That isn't the argument you were making a few posts ago.

See post #62.

Steve did a real nice blog on this.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2015/02/manny-machado-is-not-a-top-10-mlb-third-baseman-right-now-at-least-on-one-list.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

But now Machado has a few things to prove. That he can play well on two surgically repaired knees is one. This is a big one. The game is filled with talented players whose bodies betrayed them. Until Machado plays at a high level for an extended time, we won't know for sure about his health. It seems there is a good chance Machado is going to be just fine. But until we see that, we don't know for sure.

Neither one of those guys had both knees worked on. No one here knows how Manny's knees will hold up the rest of his career.

I don't know that either. You just told me that my statement that he was on a Hall of Fame Pathway was inaccurate. I just told you why Josh Donaldson is not on that Path.

See post #62.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2015/02/manny-machado-is-not-a-top-10-mlb-third-baseman-right-now-at-least-on-one-list.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

But now Machado has a few things to prove. That he can play well on two surgically repaired knees is one. This is a big one. The game is filled with talented players whose bodies betrayed them. Until Machado plays at a high level for an extended time, we won't know for sure about his health. It seems there is a good chance Machado is going to be just fine. But until we see that, we don't know for sure.

I am not arguing with you or Steve. I am simply stating cold hard facts. You can't get on the train until you get on it.

See post #62.

You are not going to get much traction quoting Melewski.

You stated his bat wasn't sufficient and it obviously is.

Injury can derail any career. Folks make a big deal about Manny's knees but has there ever been a comp for someone that had the issue he had? If what we have been told is true there is no reason to expect future issues.

See post #62.

The game is not littered with 10plus WAR players through age 21 that had body failure.

Archived