#10 Maryland @ Nebraska 3/8

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He had a period where his defense was pretty good but I get the sense that he's reaggravated his injury recently.

I did see him sticking a towel behind his back, when sitting on the bench. So maybe something is bothering him. Just not sure he should be out there at all if it is effecting his play that bad. Especially if Checko can put up good minutes.

Horrible tech by Turgeon.

Not sure what he did but with the way they're blowing the whistle tonight you think he would try to keep it under control.

On the other hand Trimble and Wells need to be driving to the basket on almost every possession. Get the calls and get to the line.

Smotrycz has been playing injured all season. He's still one of our better defenders. All the hate on him is silly, IMHO.

I don't hate him, I just think he's a terrible player. It might be injury related, but he does more bad things than good in his minutes. Thankfully Turgeon has realized this and his minutes have become less and less.

Hurt or not. Smo needs to sit!!!

No doubt. If they kept plus/minus for college basketball I bet he'd have the worse ratio on the team. It very well may be his injury, but he clearly does not have the quickness to play at this level effectively. His .313 FG% this year before this game is embarrasing for a 6-10 guy. Add in his .255 3P% and he should not be shooting 3s while we're behind.

No doubt. If they kept plus/minus for college basketball I bet he'd have the worse ratio on the team. It very well may be his injury, but he clearly does not have the quickness to play at this level effectively. His .313 FG% this year before this game is embarrasing for a 6-10 guy. Add in his .255 3P% and he should not be shooting 3s while we're behind.

Good points. Now add sloppy fouls to the list as well. Checko in. Thank goodness.

Archived