Looking For A Breakout Prospect In 2015? Look No Further Than Branden Kline

Slade-OH

Yeah, would love to hear what his velocity readings were but the results are impressive.

I wrote down every reading except five that I missed because I got caught up watching the play and/or the stadium gun had a glitch.

I had Kline for 80 pitches (49K/31BB) with 32 being 95-96. He also had 2 each at 92, 97 & 99, and 5 or 6 at 93-94, and 1 at 91. Offspeed pitches were mostly 83-86. Of the 20 batters he faced, many were either late or swinging wildly with a few of the better hitters making solid contact, but he only gave up 3H and 2BB and had 2Ks per inning, so they weren't getting much. Givens did a great job getting out of a potential 9th inning jam with the help of newly acquired catcher, Chris O'Brien.

Nice to see Kline perhaps re-capturing a large portion of his prospect status. It sounds like Kline could move easily into the middle area of our Top 10 if he is healthy and this velo is real/sustainable (not much reason to think it is not). Also nice to see quality starts from Bridwell and Davies. The organization is doing a much better job of moving pitchers through the system.

I wrote down every reading except five that I missed because I got caught up watching the play and/or the stadium gun had a glitch.

I had Kline for 80 pitches (49K/31BB) with 32 being 95-96. He also had 2 each at 92, 97 & 99, and 5 or 6 at 93-94, and 1 at 91. Offspeed pitches were mostly 83-86. Of the 20 batters he faced, many were either late or swinging wildly with a few of the better hitters making solid contact, but he only gave up 3H and 2BB and had 2Ks per inning, so they weren't getting much. Givens did a great job getting out of a potential 9th inning jam with the help of newly acquired catcher, Chris O'Brien.

Thanks! Did Givens hit 98?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived