Roch: Hardy's Shoulder Injury

weams

"It's a little bit more sore today than yesterday,"

Hardy isn't sure whether he'll need to undergo tests on his shoulder.

"I think everyone kind of anticipated it being more sore today than yesterday, so I don't know. I don't know what their plan is," he said.

"I don't think I'm going to do much today. We'll probably just treat it as much as we can and go from there and see what the next step is. I don't know."

"Who knows? I don't know," he said. "We'll have to just see how it feels, but it's definitely pretty sore today.

"It's my first anti-inflammatory pill I've taken all spring. I was trying to make it all the way through spring. I don't know what it's going to be like."

"I went and looked at it yesterday before I left," Hardy said. "I don't think my shoulder is hurt from the collision with Schoopy. I don't think my shoulder hit him at all. My arm hit him. I think my face hit him, but I think the shoulder got jammed or something on the dive. So don't blame Schoopy."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/03/hardy-updates-shoulder-injury.html

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no doctor. They evidently insert a dye in the injured area to highlight damage. Yes, these are all medical terms. However, I read that they expect to see damage from a previous injury/surgery. I have no idea how they tell what is new or old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnetic Resonance Angiography. According to justD. A Dye is injected to reveal greater detail. Because that is the shoulder he had labrum repair on. So previous surgery will show up.

If his previous shoulder injury shows up, there will be 6 more weeks of winter.

I'm no doctor. They evidently insert a dye in the injured area to highlight damage. Yes, these are all medical terms. However, I read that they expect to see damage from a previous injury/surgery. I have no idea how they tell what is new or old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess because of the enhanced detail. /nodoctor

Injecting contrast allows greater differentiation between tissues with robust blood flow (often true of injured, inflammed tissues) and those without. Differentiating new vs old abnormalities will be dependent on comparison with past studies. I wouldnt expect anything more than a vague diagnosis of inflammation to the shoulder/rotator cuff, unless it's bad news.

Archived