2015 New York Mets

OFFNY

Watched the game. He looked good. Think they said Harvey and Colon are the first two teammates to win their first four decisions. Don't know if that is Mets history or MLB history.

Watched the game as well, always great to see the yanks lose the mets 2 out hitting was outstanding. I believe they said first time in Mets history.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

o

In his career major league debut, Noah Syndergaard shut the Cubs out for 5 innings before running into trouble in the 6th.

********* oMAJOR LEAGUE DEBUTo *********

16 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 4 Flyouts, 3 Groundouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Foulout

NOAH SYNDERGAARD O(vs. CUBS, 5/12)

IP:. 5.33

H:o 6 (1 Home Run, 1 Triple, 1 Double, 3 Singles)

R:O 3

BB: 4 *

SO: 6

Pitches: 103 (56 Strikes, 47 Balls) O**O 99 (56 Strikes, 43 Balls)

2015 ERA: 5.06

* 1 of the walks was Intentional

** Minus the Intentional Walk

o

Matt Harvey threw 8 shutout innings tonight against the Cardinals.

That's 16 consecutive shutout innings for him, dating back to his start against the Phillies on May 8th.

For the season, he has a 1.98 ERA, and an 0.915 WHIP.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mets?src=hash">#Mets</a> have diagnosed David Wright with stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal column. They believe he will heal, but it will take time.</p>— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) <a href="

">May 23, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• 2 weeks later...

o

In Jacob deGrom's last 3 starts, he has struck out 28, and walked 0.

In Jacob deGrom's last 4 starts, he has struck out 34, and walked 1.

In a game against the Cardinals last week, deGrom became just the 4th pitcher in Mets franchise history (1962-Present) to allow no runs, strike out at least 10 and walk none in a game, joining Tom Seaver, R.A. Dickey and Matt Harvey.

Last night, deGrom just missed by one strikeout of becoming the first pitcher ever in Mets franchise history (1962-Present) to strike out at least 9 and walk 0 for three consecutive starts.

o

I don't think that the Mets are as good as their 13-3 record would indicate.

I do think that the Mets are good though, as I have been asserting that they would be since 2013 ...... mostly due to their talented, young starting pitching, which has been there and developing for the past 4-5 years.

Echoes of '86: Are the Mets Really This Good?

(By Jonah Kerry)

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/mlb-new-york-mets-bartolo-colon-matt-harvey-jacob-degrom/

o

The Mets are 16-20 since this thread was commenced. So in answer to Jonah Keri's question -- no, the Mets are not that good. They're OK. Their pitching is pretty decent but their offense is lousy.

The Mets are 16-20 since this thread was commenced. So in answer to Jonah Keri's question -- no, the Mets are not that good. They're OK. Their pitching is pretty decent but their offense is lousy.

That's what I said also, when I posted the article:

I don't think that the Mets are as good as their 13-3 record would indicate.

I do think that the Mets are better than the 16-20 record that they have posted over their last 36 games though, as I stated in my ensuing sentence of said post:

I do think that the Mets are good though, as I have been asserting that they would be since 2013 ...... mostly due to their talented, young starting pitching, which has been there and developing for the past 4-5 years.

As is usually the case, I believe that it is still too early to tell (early June) whether or not they are an average team (between 78 and 84 wins), a pretty good team (between 85 and 89 wins), or a good team (between 90 and 94 wins.)

Their lousy offense may be helped if and when David Wright comes back from his spinal stenosis injury in his lower back, but as of right now, that (Wright's expected return from his injury) is completely up in the air.

As is usually the case, I believe that it is still too early to tell (early June) whether or not they are an average team (between 78 and 84 wins), a pretty good team (between 85 and 89 wins), or a good team (between 90 and 94 wins.)

While you are right that it is too early to tell, I will be extremely surprised if the Mets win 90 games. Of course, I am not objective -- I hate the Mets.

o

27 OUTS: 13 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 11 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts

CHRISTOPHER LEE HESTON O(vs. METS, 6/09)

IP:. 9 o(NO-HITTER)

H:;; 0

R:l) 0

BB: 0 *

SO: 11

Pitches: 110 (72 Strikes, 38 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.77

* Heston had 3 Hit Batsmen

Is it still true that the Mets have never pitched a no hitter in their franchise history?

Or did that end and I've forgotten. It?

o

27 OUTS: 13 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 11 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts

CHRISTOPHER LEE HESTON O(vs. METS, 6/09)

IP:. 9 o(NO-HITTER)

H:;; 0

R:l) 0

BB: 0 *

SO: 11

Pitches: 110 (72 Strikes, 38 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.77

* Heston had 3 Hit Batsmen

In the totally useless trivia department, the last time the Cleveland Cavaliers hosted Game 3 of an NBA final, Justin Verlander threw a no hitter the same night.

• 3 weeks later...

o

In addition to pitching 7.67 innings of 2-run ball, Steven Matz became:

A) The first pitcher in major league history (1876-Present) to have 4 RBI's in his career debut.

B) The first player in franchise history (1962-Present) -- at any position! -- to have 4 RBI's in his first major league game.

Grandpa Goes Wild as Steven Matz's Family Comes Out for Rookie's Mets Debut

(By Sean Coffey)

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/mets-steven-matz-plenty-family-hand-debut-article-1.2274607

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived