2015 New York Mets

OFFNY

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently' date=' it's their last game. First one in 5 years. I think they've always done this in support of the actual MLB umpires charities.[/quote']

I looked them up, apparently if I am reading right a couple of guys impersonated them recently. I didn't realize they hadn't done it in awhile.

That place is electric tonight. Mets are hot. 3 homers in one inning.

o

Mets Captain David Wright Nearing End of Rehab for Back Injury

(By Kristie Ackert)

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/mets-insider-david-wright-rounding-rehab-process-article-1.2315060

If David Wright actually comes back and performs? The Mets go from an anemic to a potent offense in the span of a couple weeks.

BEFORE		AFTERC	Plawecki	D'Arnaud1B	Duda		Duda2B	Murphy		Murphy3B	Campbell	WrightSS	Flores		FloresLF	Cuddyer		CuddyerCF	Lagares		CespedesRF	Granderson	GrandersonIF	Tejada		UribeIF	???		TejadaOF	Mayberry	JohnsonOF	???		LagaresC2	???		Plawecki

Gotta give the Mets credit. Definitely a team on the rise in the east. Reminds me though but I think the Nats are continually a disappointment. No disrespect to the Mets and I'm aware the Nats have had injuries but I really thought they'd walk away with the Nl east.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

o

On Friday, Bartolo Colon could not get out of the 4th inning, and the Mets had to slug their way to a 14-9 win over the Rockies in Colorado.

On Saturday, Jonathon Niese couldn't get out of the 6th inning, and the Mets had to slug their way to a 14-9 win over the Rockies in Colorado.

On Sunday, Logan Verrett started a major league game for the first time in his career ...... and pitched 8 innings of 1-run ball on 93 pitches against the Rockies in Colorado. :eektf:

Verrett ceded a solo home run to Carlos Gonzalez in the 4th inning, and no more.

Logan Verrett Does Matt Harvey Imitation, Powers Mets to 5-1 Victory to Complete Sweep of Rockies

(By Kristie Ackert)

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/logan-verrett-harvey-impression-mets-sweep-rockies-article-1.2335061

• 2 weeks later...

Boras and Harvey have decided that a 180 IP cap is appropriate.

They apparently didn't bother to inform the Mets of this fact before this week.

Harvey is at 166.3 innings and the Mets look to be a playoff team.

If I was with the Mets I would shut Harvey down immediately and stick him in the pen for the playoffs.

If I was a Mets fan I would stop with the Batman nonsense.

No way Batman would have an innings cap.

o

Bartolo Colon has a modest 16 consecutive shutout innings streak.

I say "modest" in comparison to Dodgers pitchers, both current (Kershaw and Greinke), and historically (Hershiser and Drysdale.)

Colon pitched a complete-game shutout tonight against the Marlins.

His streak of consecutive scoreless innings is now at 25.

27 OUTS: 10 Groundouts (including 2 Double Plays), 6 Lineouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Flyouts, 2 Strikeouts, 1 Foulout, 1 Popout

BARTOLO COLON O(vs. MARLINS, 9/05)

IP:. 9 O(COMPLETE-GAME SHUTOUT)

H:;; 9 l(1 Double, 8 Singles)

R:l) 0

BB: 0

SO: 2

Pitches: 100 (74 Strikes, 26 Balls)

2015 ERA: 4.18

article-frontpage-0905.jpg

I saw a Matt Harvey interview a few months ago.

Although Harvey claims to bleed strictly Mets orange and blue now that he plays for them, he grew up a Yankee fan in southeastern Connecticut (Red Sox land.)

I know that the Yankees would be happy to pay him someday (2019), so perhaps this will be looked back upon someday as the beginning of the ned for Harvey and the Mets.

In this NY Post article from April of 2015, right after Harvey dominated the Yankees at Yankee Stadium, the author touches on the possibility:

This was going to be his day to own the Yankees. One day in the future he may well be a Yankee, but this was the day he was going to show them that he was in charge at Yankee Stadium, his first-ever Dark Knight start in The Bronx.

Matt Harvey's Dream is Yankees' Nightmare ...... For Now

(By Kevin Kernan)

http://nypost.com/2015/04/25/matt-harveys-dream-is-yankees-nightmare-for-now/

Archived