State of This Team's Offense

brianod

BTW... We're hitting .304 with RISP! 3rd in the majors. 2nd in the AL.

Pretty clutch if you ask me.

And BTW......

That's in very limited situations!

With the PITCHER in trouble! HAS to throw strikes and ish.

Of COURSE we have an advantage there! CLUTCH this!

Baltimore's offense is still one of the best in the AL even after cooling of a bit. I think we need to see them play the AL Central and West teams to get a better idea of where they sit. Six games against the torrid NY teams will leave us in a lull.

The offense will have its ups and downs. Right now we're third in runs/game. Last year we were sixth. The year before, tied for fourth. If anything, we've outperformed expectations to this point. We're more likely to finish lower than third than higher.

We won 96 games last year while finishing sixth in runs scored. It's the pitching we need to worry about.

Wow! In the same sentence you call Hardy injury prone and getting older and ignore the same exact fact about Cruz.

All of a sudeen RF is a huge hole even though we're getting better production than we got last year. Good one.

Yeah, I'd say our offense in RF has been fine. I expected that we'd lose some offense in LF. The hope was that we would make up for it at 1B, 3B and C. So far that's happened, more or less, even with Wieters still out.

State? It's kinda bad right now. Not too bad.

Paredes is still kinda good.

Manny is on fire, with no real results to show for it.

Adam is cold, after a torrid start.

Chris Davis is on pace for 891 strikeouts.... but still some good numbers. .260-something with almost 40 homers.

DeAza is lost after a bunch of good ABs early. Out of the leadoff spot.

Caleb keeps flashing greatness. We'll all see how long that last.

Flash and Hardy dawning.

Delmon is raking, Off and Def.

Travis is... Travis. Time will tell.

Lough not getting much chance but showing nothing.

Lavarnway? Who?

ECab demoted.

Pearce is slow and then sick on top of it. Hope he gets back to what we saw last year.

Good and bad. Maybe we'll get better. Maybe not...

You and I must have vastly different opinions on what constitutes "raking". A sub .700 ops and a 90 wRC+ don't qualify for me.

Wow! In the same sentence you call Hardy injury prone and getting older and ignore the same exact fact about Cruz.

All of a sudden RF is a huge hole even though we're getting better production than we got last year. Good one.

You are forgetting Augmented when you discuss Cruz. And Cano for that matter. The Cano Foundation director was all over that Biogenesis paperwork.

Reality check:

C .817 OPS

1B .834

2B .764

3B .833

SS .481

LF .620

CF .981

RF .758

DH .836

PH .851

I mean really, even with the poor performance at SS and LF is there another team that is this balanced on offense? And Hardy is bound to upgrade SS. Don't think we need Cruz to fix LF.

As is the case with every baseball season...it is pitching, pitching, pitching. When our starters pitch a bit better, then we win. When they don't, we lose. The success or failure of the five starters will pretty much determine our success or lack in 2015. The offense is fine- right field offense production has been as good or better from the combination of Snider, Young, etc. as would have been with Nick. We likely would not have even seen Paredes on this team if Nick was still in right because the DH at bats would have belonged even more to Delmon. All in all, the offense (and the defense and the bullpen) will be more than good enough to win the division. But the starters, particularly Tillman and Norris, cannot continue to pitch poorly or we will not be as successful as we want.

I really disagree with your take on the Joseph/wieters situation. Wieters back would replace Lavarnway. Having not he and Joseph, if he can keep this up, that's an incredible situation to be in. Even if we're catching Joseph 70-30 over wieters, wiet can DH on occasion and give buck an amazing advantage late in the game with subs as his backup catcher won't be a potential liability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived