The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck said at the time, he understood the frustration and didn't have an issue with AJ speaking his mind, he wants his players to want to win and to have fire, but within reason.

I have no issue with what Jones said. He is entitled to his opinion. But saying I agree with what he wrote or using that as "proof" that the FO is in disarray is ridiculous. It was just an opinion of a guy who just lost a close friend.

"Don't believe a word they say. It was all because of my neck."

I've worked for the same company for 19 years and I will defend them until the day I retire....

...unless of course I ever get laid off. Then they will be the scum of the earth, a power/money hungry entity who treats their employees like numbers.

In other words, I take Nick's comments with a grain of salt.

I've worked for the same company for 19 years and I will defend them until the day I retire....

...unless of course I ever get laid off. Then they will be the scum of the earth, a power/money hungry entity who treats their employees like numbers.

I've worked for three of those companies.

Sour Grapes, sure, he wanted to stay here, but, he also had a role in his decision to go after more money.

Players play....they are not to be consulted on moves the team makes.

These are the same players, when they're hitting .220 in AA, truly and deeply believe that they're a small tweak from a 20-year career as a MLB star. These guys know how to play ball better than anyone. But there is no reason for them to understand the big picture, how you construct a team with regards to salaries and production and metrics and analysis. Pitchers can't even hit, and people expect center fielders to be world-class GMs?

I believe at times it was flatly ignore too. I remember Cal not being too happy with Davy was fired and Moose wasn't resigned.

Wait, don't you have that backwards? Davey re-signed his position and Moose chose the Yankees moolah.

Precisely because the players have long friendships with one another they can't be trusted to make objective decisions about the makeup of the team. There were probably members of the 2000 Orioles who would have kept BJ Surhoff on the team to pinch hit until he was 53 years old.

These are the same players, when they're hitting .220 in AA, truly and deeply believe that they're a small tweak from a 20-year career as a MLB star. These guys know how to play ball better than anyone. But there is no reason for them to understand the big picture, how you construct a team with regards to salaries and production and metrics and analysis. Pitchers can't even hit, and people expect center fielders to be world-class GMs?

I just wish our center fielder would go back to hitting like he did in April.

Precisely because the players have long friendships with one another they can't be trusted to make objective decisions about the makeup of the team. There were probably members of the 2000 Orioles who would have kept BJ Surhoff on the team to pinch hit until he was 53 years old.

No doubt. The Syd Thrift fire sale was a needed move....it was the poor execution by a senile man that made it so disgustingly futile.

Wait, don't you have that backwards? Davey re-signed his position and Moose chose the Yankees moolah.

Resigned? Maybe.

Depends on which side of the equation you were sitting on, they had a not very nice lunch together and then their divorce.

As for Moose. PAG promised Moose if he signed a 1 year deal with home town discount, he would make it up to him. This anger the MLB PA against Moose.

PAG never upheld his end of the deal.

Yes, I know, Moose is a traitor, I get it, Tony-OH is still holding grudges on the guy.

But some of us fans back in the day, blamed the owner at the time, we didn't have inside information to say otherwise.

Archived