The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I and certainly a few others have been taking this team to task ever since the DD fiasco during the off season and amplified by the non signings of Miller and Cruz with no one to replace them. And I see some others are starting to come around as well.

This is not a very good team folks. Go up and down their batting order and besides Jones, Machado, and perhaps Davis, this is a pretty average to below average team. Their pitching, while workmanlike, is certainly not a plethora of riches.

I called for Oriole fans to boycott the games back in April, and I stick to that even more now. PA and DD had every opp to add some pieces to put this team over the top this off season, and instead they decided to turtle shell it. PA because he is a cheapo and DD because he never wanted to be here in the first place. All of this after years and years of ineptitude. THEY DO NOT DESERVE YOUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS. Stay way and show them that what they did was not acceptable.

Well I and certainly a few others have been taking this team to task ever since the DD fiasco during the off season and amplified by the non signings of Miller and Cruz with no one to replace them. And I see some others are starting to come around as well.

This is not a very good team folks. Go up and down their batting order and besides Jones, Machado, and perhaps Davis, this is a pretty average to below average team. Their pitching, while workmanlike, is certainly not a plethora of riches.

I called for Oriole fans to boycott the games back in April, and I stick to that even more now. PA and DD had every opp to add some pieces to put this team over the top this off season, and instead they decided to turtle shell it. PA because he is a cheapo and DD because he never wanted to be here in the first place. All of this after years and years of ineptitude. THEY DO NOT DESERVE YOUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS. Stay way and show them that what they did was not acceptable.

Hahahahahahah!!!! You sound like someone who wasn't here for 1986-88, 1990-91, or 1998-2011. You can spend your money on whatever you want to or not. But boycott a team that has a winning record over the last three years despite being a mid-market team at best? A team that's increased payroll from the $70Ms up to near $120M? You guys are funny. Boycott. Ha! Do whatever makes you happy, man.

Hahahahahahah!!!! You sound like someone who wasn't here for 1986-88, 1990-91, or 1998-2011. You can spend your money on whatever you want to or not. But boycott a team that has a winning record over the last three years despite being a mid-market team at best? A team that's increased payroll from the $70Ms up to near $120M? You guys are funny. Boycott. Ha! Do whatever makes you happy, man.

It's a totally regular occurrence in their minds apparently for teams to increase payroll by like 40 percent in a single offseason. Any team who doesn't do that doesn't want to win! Budget? Isn't the owner rich? I got your budget right here!

I suffered through all of those years like you and everyone else. Which is why not going for it this past off season, after coming so close last year and after all those years of poor play, is almost criminal.

It's a totally regular occurrence in their minds apparently for teams to increase payroll by like 40 percent in a single offseason. Any team who doesn't do that doesn't want to win! Budget? Isn't the owner rich? I got your budget right here!

I don't think they would have needed to increase it by that much if they had done what was right. Sign Miller and Cruz, sign a speedy rf who could steal some bases, and DON'T sign or resign many of the guys (retreads) that we did. I can think of 3 or 4 guys right now who should have been shown the door and who could have been easily replaced by some AAA players.

If they did it in the mid-90s it means they can do it every year. There's hundreds of $millions in MASNCash they could be spending but instead they're hoarding it for spite. I heard Pete is building a giant mausoleum for himself that's in the shape of a 50' middle finger that costs exactly the same as Mark Teixeira's contract.

I suffered through all of those years like you and everyone else. Which is why not going for it this past off season, after coming so close last year and after all those years of poor play, is almost criminal.

Nothing in player acquisition is anything like criminal. If you've gotten to the point where you think that who the Orioles choose to sign or not sign is on par with robbery or assault or worse you probably need to step back and find some context.

You're getting killed for saying this. When Adam Jones basically confirmed the FO disfunction in his offseason tweet.

I would get killed if I said the FO was the greatest of all time.

Some folks just hated the fact that I didn't like Andy MacPhail's style or DD's general weirdness this past offseason.

Adam Jones had a right to be pissed off because he watched the team get weaker before his own eyes. But of course, he's somehow "wrong" too.

MSK

If they did it in the mid-90s it means they can do it every year. There's hundreds of $millions in MASNCash they could be spending but instead they're hoarding it for spite. I heard Pete is building a giant mausoleum for himself that's in the shape of a 50' middle finger that costs exactly the same as Mark Teixeira's contract.

You will not criticize the team. Ever.

This is known and accepted.

I don't think they would have needed to increase it by that much if they had done what was right. Sign Miller and Cruz, sign a speedy rf who could steal some bases, and DON'T sign or resign many of the guys (retreads) that we did. I can think of 3 or 4 guys right now who should have been shown the door and who could have been easily replaced by some AAA players.

I am also a big fan of signing all the guys who wildly outperform their contracts while avoiding the ones who are going to suck. Although maybe not issuing final judgment on the signings like 5% of the way into the deal...

Nothing in player acquisition is anything like criminal. If you've gotten to the point where you think that who the Orioles choose to sign or not sign is on par with robbery or assault or worse you probably need to step back and find some context.

Obviously it was a figure of speech cmon man. In fact when I wrote that, I said to myself "I give it five minutes before DH comes on here and says something about the word criminal and the context in which it was used".

So predictable.

You will not criticize the team. Ever.

This is known and accepted.

There's this thing called the search function here. You'll find all kinds of criticism of the team from me. Hell, I used to write articles for the site and my first piece was a detailed evisceration of the signing of Deivi Cruz.

There's this thing called the search function here. You'll find all kinds of criticism of the team from me. Hell, I used to write articles for the site and my first piece was a detailed evisceration of the signing of Deivi Cruz.

Have not seen anything close to that this year. At all.

Obviously it was a figure of speech cmon man. In fact when I wrote that, I said to myself "I give it five minutes before DH comes on here and says something about the word criminal and the context in which it was used".

So predictable.

Almost as predictable as the legions who come out after every loss and cry about how the front office is some combination of evil, malicious, greedy, stupid, ignorant, misguided, distracted, etc, etc, etc. No well constructed plan ever fails, it's always devious and evil subterfuge or rank stupidity.

Archived