The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Cruz will be fine for 3 of the 4 years. No contract is guaranteed to work. I just wish more would have been done to build off of 2014. I say that as a fan, not as someone worrying about money wasted on such and such players.

I don't care what we think. I wanted him. There are no facts needed to support that. Just sheer desire. I don't care about ANY wasted money myself.

He's never failed a test. That's what makes me suspect he used them last year and is still using them today. He got caught in the Biogenesis mess because of evidence on paper, not a failed test.

I don't care what he uses if he's not failing tests. PED use is a part of the game. I was always suspect of Cals magical ability to heal. Whatever.

I think Cruz will be fine for 3 of the 4 years. No contract is guaranteed to work. I just wish more would have been done to build off of 2014. I say that as a fan, not as someone worrying about money wasted on such and such players.

I can even tell you, since Cruz was not an Oriole grown god, I didn't even care if he cheated to get so good. Just so he didn't get caught like Davis did. Right before the playoffs.

Well I and certainly a few others have been taking this team to task ever since the DD fiasco during the off season and amplified by the non signings of Miller and Cruz with no one to replace them. And I see some others are starting to come around as well.

This is not a very good team folks. Go up and down their batting order and besides Jones, Machado, and perhaps Davis, this is a pretty average to below average team. Their pitching, while workmanlike, is certainly not a plethora of riches.

I called for Oriole fans to boycott the games back in April, and I stick to that even more now. PA and DD had every opp to add some pieces to put this team over the top this off season, and instead they decided to turtle shell it. PA because he is a cheapo and DD because he never wanted to be here in the first place. All of this after years and years of ineptitude. THEY DO NOT DESERVE YOUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS. Stay way and show them that what they did was not acceptable.

Welcome to the hangout Nestor. I've wondered where you've been.

I don't care what he uses if he's not failing tests. PED use is a part of the game. I was always suspect of Cals magical ability to heal. Whatever.

I care about committing 4/56 to a guy who could be suspended for a year at any moment.

I care about committing 4/56 to a guy who could be suspended for a year at any moment.

There were bonuses that could push it to 61. The good news is you don't have to pay when he is suspended. And you don't have to play a man down like stupid Brian Matusz is making us do.

What had the front office done to make you so happy that year? Specifically.

Nothing.

I was happy when the team made the playoffs for the first time in 15 years.

I still watched every game I could (as I have done for the last 13 years straight) after my cable company picked up the MLB Extra Innings package.

They were still on the "do nothing and pray for the best" mode that Andy MacPhail patented.

MSK

And a guy could blow out his arm at any moment and bam career over. If he's suspended it doesn't cost the team. Are you against extending Manny longterm?

Nothing.

I still watched every game I could (as I have done for the last 13 years straight) after my cable company picked up the MLB Extra Innings package.

They were still on the "do nothing and pray for the best" mode that Andy MacPhail patented.

MSK

We must have some powerful prayers then since in your mind the front office hasn't done anything to commit to winning and yet we keep doing it for three years. By the way, last I checked we were still the reigning, defending, al east champions.

Are you against extending Manny longterm?

I'm fully in favor of extending Manny. It's rare to have someone of his talent that young. The risk of signing him to buy out some arb/early free agent years is far less than the risk of signing an old DH who had just been far, far better than he had been in any of the previous three years.

Nothing.

MSK

Thank you for your honesty. In 2012, you were happy with nothing. Since it was just dumb luck. In fact, you have nothing to show pride in. You are just the fan of a bad team that got very lucky.

And a guy could blow out his arm at any moment and bam career over. If he's suspended it doesn't cost the team. Are you against extending Manny longterm?

I am very much in favor of extending Manny. And, if he has a career ending injury, the insurance will pick up a good bit of it.

Archived