Blue Jays Game Safety and Parking

pdiddy

Going to the game tonight. How was it last night? Any increased security presence? I usually park in the 8 $ lot that is at the end of the bridge, between the two stadiums.

It was a baseball game at a baseball stadium. It was fine last night. I live 1,200 feet from home plate and other than protesters scuffling with fans on that Saturday night there really hasn't been much crime the last few months. Even car break-ins are down.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a baseball game at a baseball stadium. It was fine last night. I live 1,200 feet from home plate and other than protesters scuffling with fans on that Saturday night there really hasn't been much crime the last few months. Even car break-ins are down.

Yup.Regular game.Light RaIL was the usual .If you missed what happened a few weeks ago,it was a regular game on a Monday with a few extra fans

I'm truly sorry that you have such fear.

As for "a lot of gang attacks [occurring] on the average tourist" in the Inner Harbor? Citation needed.

Just did a quick google search on this "Baltimore inner harbor gang attacks" and got a bunch of hits. I'll grant you many are fro the same time frame in May 2012, but there are other isolated ones as well.

Perhaps I was just remembering the issues from 2012 and the area itself is relatively safe now? I don't know. I'll defer to those of you who live there or frequent it often.

Just did a quick google search on this "Baltimore inner harbor gang attacks" and got a bunch of hits. I'll grant you many are fro the same time frame in May 2012, but there are other isolated ones as well.

Perhaps I was just remembering the issues from 2012 and the area itself is relatively safe now? I don't know. I'll defer to those of you who live there or frequent it often.

I would bet 99% are from the Easter Monday craziness that happened a few times a few years past.

I would bet 99% are from the Easter Monday craziness that happened a few times a few years past.

Cool. Good to know. I can say I have never had a bad experience in the city. That said, I also am alert at all times and tend to stay in areas where there are crowds of people, such as the Aquarium area, Little Italy, O's games, Hippodrome, etc.

The area was safe then. A couple of random attacks over a weekend is not necessarily a trend. Is the Annapolis or Columbia Mall unsafe because they have had high profile shootings? Of course not. Any place that has a ton of people will have occasional crime. And any crime that occurs in a large public place will get more publicity than crimes in private places or small desolate areas. It is natural to hear more about (and thus be influenced by) crimes in large public places because you and your family have been there and it is easy to picture yourself there. The Inner Harbor is very safe. Camden Yards is very safe. You are much more likely to be hurt driving to and from the game than you are while at the game.

The area was safe then. A couple of random attacks over a weekend is not necessarily a trend. Is the Annapolis or Columbia Mall unsafe because they have had high profile shootings? Of course not. Any place that has a ton of people will have occasional crime. And any crime that occurs in a large public place will get more publicity than crimes in private places or small desolate areas. It is natural to hear more about (and thus be influenced by) crimes in large public places because you and your family have been there and it is easy to picture yourself there. The Inner Harbor is very safe. Camden Yards is very safe. You are much more likely to be hurt driving to and from the game than you are while at the game.

I have no issues what-so-ever at Camden Yards.

Yup. Just look up Lexington,Kentucky. Two times at least they have had disturbances. After basketball games.

Cool. Good to know. I can say I have never had a bad experience in the city. That said, I also am alert at all times and tend to stay in areas where there are crowds of people, such as the Aquarium area, Little Italy, O's games, Hippodrome, etc.

We do the same things. Do not travel alone. But that applies to any city. We like going to Edgar Allen Poe's gravesite but we do not go there at night.

I'm coming over from the UK for a week in Baltimore to watch the Os on May 24th. I have no fear about spending some time in the Inner Harbour or any other place I may spend some time whilst there (fells, federal hill etc).

Although judging from the reaction from some people far closer to the city than me, I'm starting to think my comfort may be misplaced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm coming over from the UK for a week in Baltimore to watch the Os on May 24th. I have no fear about spending some time in the Inner Harbour or any other place I may spend some time whilst there (fells, federal hill etc).

Although judging from the reaction from some people far closer to the city than me, I'm starting to think my comfort may be misplaced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll be just fine. I'd love to catch up with you this time.

Archived