Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Opposite Dugout: Yankees Bring Plenty of Punch to the Party

(By Doug Miller)

http://www.masnsports.com/orioles-buzz/2018/05/opposite-dugout-yankees-bring-plenty-of-punch-to-the-party.html

o

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that the NYYs have some power in their lineup. ? But they don'thave to face intimidating starting pitchers like Cashman, Gausman, Cobb and Bundy.

This could get ugly -- and free up some time over the next four days. Maybe an inspirational pre-game speech from Chris Davis will help.

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Opposite Dugout: Yankees Bring Plenty of Punch to the Party

(By Doug Miller)

http://www.masnsports.com/orioles-buzz/2018/05/opposite-dugout-yankees-bring-plenty-of-punch-to-the-party.html

o

53 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that the NYY's have some power in their lineup. ? But they don't have to face intimidating starting pitchers like Cashman, Gausman, Cobb, and Bundy.

This could get ugly -- and free up some time over the next four days. Maybe an inspirational pre-game speech from Chris Davis will help.

o

If I had to bet on it, I would have the Yankees winning at least 3 out of 4 of these games, if not necessarily all 4.

On the other hand, this awful team managed to take 3 out of 4 games from these creeps earlier this season at Yankee Stadium, beginning with Andrew Cashner pitching his first solid game of the season in the opener (of which I was fortunate enough to have been at said game.)

For teams like the 2018 Orioles (and for some of their fans like myself), these games are like miniature Super Bowls ........ always a little sweeter than victories against most other teams, even with their haplessness in the overall standings.

o

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

What a night !!! 

From  :disco:  to  :ohlord:   to   :new_beer:

4 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(JUNE 23th)

2 days in a row.

o

o

(JUNE 23th)

The Red Sox lost today, also.

o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(JULY 31st and AUGUST 1st)

SPLIT

SPLIT

SPLIT

SPLIT

SPLIT

SPLIT

o

No surprise. I thought before the season started we were a .500 team.

I watched last night's game on YES. The announcers must have said at least half a dozen times that the NYYs had to win both games against the Orioles, just had to. 

• Upvote 1