Brian Matusz suspension (8 Days Confirmed, Back Today)

Crazysilver03

And Brian Matusz clearly went to his forearm with his left hand for some reason. I've always wondered why he did that. Now I know. So what if the substance wasn't clearly visible. His use of the substance was.

Hate to tell all of the O's pitching staff (and rest of MLB teams) do it as well. Watch Miggy today and see if you can pick up his spot.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Brian Matusz clearly went to his forearm with his left hand for some reason. I've always wondered why he did that. Now I know. So what if the substance wasn't clearly visible. His use of the substance was.

And other guys "clearly" go to their spots.

The bar, up until last night, was "Don't let the cameras catch you.".

Last night a manager decided to lower that bar to "Don't let us catch you.".

And other guys "clearly" go to their spots.

The bar, up until last night, was "Don't let the cameras catch you.".

Last night a manager decided to lower that bar to "Don't let us catch you.".

And this is why the Marlins are gonna pay dearly this year.

And this is why the Marlins are gonna pay dearly this year.

I wouldn't go that far. They did it against an American League team not a division rival. I am hopeful it is an isolated incident and that MLB will finally make some changes in the offseason.

Hate to tell all of the O's pitching staff (and rest of MLB teams) do it as well. Watch Miggy today and see if you can pick up his spot.

Maybe they should go back to the good old days of actually picking up the rosin bag that is on the mound and using it. I've seen some pitchers bounce it off their glove side forearms so they can have some there for later. At least that would have given him cover.

As I said before, the issue for me was not him being special in using it, but the fact that someone else was just suspended for it.

I wouldn't go that far. They did it against an American League team not a division rival. I am hopeful it is an isolated incident and that MLB will finally make some changes in the offseason.

They still have to play other AL East teams.

Maybe they should go back to the good old days of actually picking up the rosin bag that is on the mound and using it. I've seen some pitchers bounce it off their glove side forearms so they can have some there for later. At least that would have given him cover.

As I said before, the issue for me was not him being special in using it, but the fact that someone else was just suspended for it.

Rosin is useless in dry form. It doesn't give you grip and is insoluble with water. Hence the sunscreen and rosin mixture.

But they have to worry about their pitchers because of Jennings "standards".

Maybe, maybe not.

I can see it going both ways.

Teams might not want to call his guy's out because they know their guys are.

Now if Jennings makes a habit of doing this, then year stuff going to get ugly quickly.

I have no problem with the ejection at all. Either follow the rule, which is very clear, or lobby your Player's Association to change it or get rid of it in the next collective bargaining agreement. Until then, if you choose to break the rule you are putting yourself and your team at risk. I understand about tradition, unwritten baseball rules, and that this is a common practice. It's still a rule and it's rightfully enforced by the umpires when petitioned by a manager.

Archived