Long Term: Jimmy Paredes

Oriolesfan4life

Looking ahead to Wieters' return, one has to figure he will not be rushed into regular catching duties and will do some DH'ing.

It seems like Schoop's return is not that far out so let's pencil him in as the regular second basemen.

Where does that leave Parades?

Would he be any worse than Delmon Young/Travis Snider in the OF?

Could he potentially learn to play 1B?

His bat is too good, at least right now, to not be in the lineup.

What say you?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I hadn't thought of 1B, but Davis is really struggling. I could see us moving on from Davis at the end of the season and that would leave a hole at 1B. Parades could be good there. He seems athletic. Just gotta catch the ball.

As much as I like the "hit Paredes" with the bat in his hands and at the plate.

Its still only SSS, nothing in his past says he will continue to hit at this level in the bigs.

Enjoy it while it does, and hopefully, it will for a few more seasons, but it's not something that I would bet money on.

Leave Paredes alone. He DHs everyday unless they are playing in a National League park. Then he play 2B. Don't mess with him.

Wieters and Joseph probably share catching duties 50/50. It good for both on them. Wieters get the time off he need to work his way back and Joseph get the break he need to stay strong through a long hot summer.

Leave Paredes alone. He DHs everyday unless they are playing in a National League park. Then he play 2B. Don't mess with him.

Wieters and Joseph probably share catching duties 50/50. It good for both on them. Wieters get the time off he need to work his way back and Joseph get the break he need to stay strong through a long hot summer.

That's fine until Schoop comes back in a a few weeks.

Then what do you do with him?

That's fine until Schoop comes back in a a few weeks.

Then what do you do with him?

Are you talking about when they play in an NL park? They play there 5 more times. Schoop may not be back for 2 of them. Platoon them for those games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see no reason why Wieters would be DH'ing this year. I suppose if he's hitting like crazy, but Buck doesn't like DHing his catchers anyways. I could see Paredes as a COF/1B next year and would not be surprised that he could be average to above average at either position.

As long as he keeps hitting, Buck will find a spot for him in the lineup.

Long term with Davis pending FA let Jimmy learn to play 1b could really be a big boost for the 2016 team.

I rather see him learn to play the OF. He has the speed for it.

Jimmy may not end up hitting enough to be a first baseman. More options with him and more versatility if he can play the OF.

I rather see him learn to play the OF. He has the speed for it.

Jimmy may not end up hitting enough to be a first baseman. More options with him and more versatility if he can play the OF.

Be fine with that as well, I'm just hoping he's not the old one year wonder.

Looking ahead to Wieters' return, one has to figure he will not be rushed into regular catching duties and will do some DH'ing.

It seems like Schoop's return is not that far out so let's pencil him in as the regular second basemen.

Where does that leave Parades?

Would he be any worse than Delmon Young/Travis Snider in the OF?

Could he potentially learn to play 1B?

His bat is too good, at least right now, to not be in the lineup.

What say you?

I doubt Wieters does much DH, but if he does he could face LHP. Paredes doesn't do so well v them.

Seeing Wieters in the dugout last night, he looks to have lost a lot of muscle in his arms. Very skinny looking. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Joseph may continue to be the better choice of the two for the rest of 2015, and I certainly don't see Buck taking Paredes bat out of the DH slot so that Wieters can hit there.

Seeing Wieters in the dugout last night, he looks to have lost a lot of muscle in his arms. Very skinny looking. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Joseph may continue to be the better choice of the two for the rest of 2015, and I certainly don't see Buck taking Paredes bat out of the DH slot so that Wieters can hit there.

Buck is only going to activate Wieters, if he is convinced he is healthy and able to start for the club on a daily basis.

My opinion.

Joseph is the odd man out for the rest of the season, until next year.

I suspect Wieters will catch 4-5 games a week and probably DH for one of the 2, he isn't catching.

Buck is only going to activate Wieters, if he is convinced he is healthy and able to start for the club on a daily basis.

My opinion.

Joseph is the odd man out for the rest of the season, until next year.

I suspect Wieters will catch 4-5 games a week and probably DH for one of the 2, he isn't catching.

If his arms are as small as they look, I guarantee he will not be DHing at all. Not sure where all this Wieters is gonna DH stuff is coming from? Aside from 20 games last season before the injury, when has Wieters proven to be such a great bat that he just HAS to be in the lineup everyday? And that was BEFORE surgery.

Archived