Roch: Flaherty to be activated today.

wildcard

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/05/this-that-and-the-other-86.html

Roch is pointing at Cabrera as the guy who goes to make room for Flaherty. I would not bet on it. With Hardy and Flaherty both having problems staying healthy Cabrera may be the teams best backup SS.

I previously said that one of the outfielders would probably be DL'd. I still think that is possible or one of them gets DFA'd.

We shouldn't have to wait long to find out.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/05/this-that-and-the-other-86.html

Roch is pointing at Cabrera as the guy who goes to make room for Flaherty. I would not bet on it. With Hardy and Flaherty both having problems staying healthy Cabrera may be the teams best backup SS.

I previously said that one of the outfielders would probably be DL'd. I still think that is possible or one of them gets DFA'd.

We shouldn't have to wait long to find out.

Cabrera will only be a shuttle ride away at AAA.

I suspect we might seen more than one move, maybe DFA somebody and add an AAA OF.

I never thought that I'd be so happy about Ryan Flaherty returning, but this is very welcome news. It means that Steve Pearce can be the everyday right fielder and that Delmon Young can return to his proper pinch hitting/platoon role.

No reason to keep Cabrera up. Flaherty can slide over to SS and Pearce can return to 2B in a pinch, and Cabrera will be only a phone call away if Hardy is hurt for an extended period.

So I've seen it twice in this thread, but I thought we had to DFA Cabrera and not simply send him down. Whatupwidat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct, Cabrera would have to accept assignment to AAA, but some think he will, knowing that he will be called back the minute he is needed.

DD said we have one to many OFers. I think the decision for the extra OF will be made today. If not, Cabrera will need to give his permission to go to Norfolk, correct?

I would rather have Cabrera than De Aza.

I see Fellaherty starting today at 2B in the lineup thread, but nothing official about the corresponding move. How much time does the club have before they need to announce? First pitch? Or sooner?

Roch already alluded to his being activated today.

I think they have something like 15 minutes before game time to do the offical thingy with the league front office.

DD said we have one to many OFers. I think the decision for the extra OF will be made today. If not, Cabrera will need to give his permission to go to Norfolk, correct?

I would rather have Cabrera than De Aza.

Cabrera isn't hitting and yes, he would have to accept assignment.

Archived