vs. RAYS, 5/29

OFFNY

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand what you're saying, but all of these guys have been taxed this week. Those three appearances were small pitch counts. I was surprised. Hopefully nobody pitches in the 10th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did not look good on Wednesday. You are right whole pen is taxed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• The O's will pay Cobb 1.8m in 2025 according to Cots Contracts.   Here is the complete Orioles/Cobb break down: 4 years/$57M (2018-21) signed by Baltimore as a free agent 3/21/18 18:$14M, 19:$14M 20:$14M, 21:$15M annual performance bonus: $0.5M for 180 innings pitched $20M is deferred ($6.5M of 2018 salary and $4.5M annually of 2019-21 salaries), to be paid $2M on 11/30/22 and $1.8M annually each 11/30, 2023-32) if Cobb does not pitch 130 innings in 2020, an additional $5.5M of 2021 salary is deferred, to be paid $1.75M annually each 11/30, 2033-35  no-trade protection: may block deals to all clubs in 2018 and 10 clubs annually in 2019-21 acquired by LA Angels in trade from Baltimore 2/3/21, with Orioles paying $10M of Cobb’s 2021 salary and Angels responsible for $5M
    • That sure was a depressing article to go through this past February.
    • Then go sign some AAA depth. There needs to be more identifying player’s roles and getting them into those situations sooner. McDermott is not a SP. If you still hold out hope, then extend some of his outings in the bullpen and see what he does. Either way, he needs to start moving into his ML role. Too old to still be in Norfolk. 
    • That’s a pretty expensive shot in the dark. 3M, plus the rest of his salary last year, to see if a clearly finished player still has something as an insurance policy. I’d just move that money over to next year. You’d get much better use of it.    The problem is, I don’t think Elias thought it was a shot in the dark. And that makes me question his scouting at the ML level. The Orioles aren’t wealthy enough to throw 5M and see if there’s a 10% of fixing them. It’s either bad talent evaluation or bad asset management. 
    • Did we ? You can’t possibly know that. Apparently, Elias got a player he thought he could fix.  Sorry but I just don’t think Rogers is as good as Irvin with his diminished stuff. I think he’s essentially a throw away. It would be wise to extend Eflin now while we still can. That way the resources used to get him can actually provide some long term value. Dominguez was an ok pickup…I don’t hate the deal. Problem is we needed a closer and he’s isn’t that. Thankfully Bautista is returning and will push him down the depth chart a slot or two. Soto ….Agreed, you bring him back if you can’t find a better option. I expect them to keep him. Otherwise, giving up Seth Johnson with our minors pitching quality shortage looks like a bad decision  Eloy didn’t cost much …. My general thought is pick ups like him didn’t matter beyond how you grade those acquisitions on a team that “Really Wanted to Win”. I question this because none of the guys that we picked up where having good seasons elsewhere. My thoughts are the same for Rivera …. He was a 563 OPS in Miami but got hot here and was a .948 here. His career OPS is .676 so his stint here is probably not repeatable. His projected arb number is 1.4 million so they likely keep him around as a piece and he’s young enough that maybe the change in scenery caused the light to come on.   By the way … here’s a piece from Roch about sone of these guys.   https://www.masnsports.com/blog/taking-another-look-at-orioles-roster-decisions  
    • This has to count as one of the, if not the, biggest choke in ALCS history. Up 5-3 with two outs and no one on in the ninth, after you came back from 1-3 in the eight, with a chance to put a lock on the series.
    • Reverse jinx works again! 😆 🥳
  • Popular Contributors