Would Hardy to the DL mean a call up of Reimold/Parmelee?

wildcard

I don't want to see JJ go on the DL. But if the O's feel its the right thing to do, does it open a spot for Reimold or Parmelee?

It could push Pearce back to 2nd base and have Flaherty and Cabrera sharing shortstop. We have already seen that Buck prefers Pearce at 2B to Navarro.

The O's would get a two week look at Reimold or Parmelee and then have to pick between them and Snider.

What do you think?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want to see JJ go on the DL. But if the O's feel its the right thing to do, does it open a spot for Reimold or Parmele?

It could push Pearce back to 2nd base and have Flaherty and Cabrera sharing shortstop. We have already seen that Buck prefers Pearce at 2B to Navarro.

The O's would get a two week look at Reimold or Parmelee and then have to pick between them and Snider.

What do you think?

I would not be opposed to seeing Janish activated to the 40 man roster with Hardy to the DL.

Also, it doesn't mean, that they can't DFA Cabrera and try Parmelee or Reimold.

I don't want to see JJ go on the DL. But if the O's feel its the right thing to do, does it open a spot for Reimold or Parmele?

What do you think?

I mentioned this in the Hardy thread. I think its a distinct possibility. Pearce to second was frowned upon by many on here, but Buck had faith in the move and frankly, Pearce has looked good at second. He certainly isn't any worse than Navarro or Cabrera have been.

I mentioned this in the Hardy thread. I think its a distinct possibility. Pearce to second was frowned upon by many on here, but Buck had faith in the move and frankly, Pearce has looked good at second. He certainly isn't any worse than Navarro or Cabrera have been.

No matter how he's looked at second he's looked atrocious at the plate. Pearce hasn't earned any more playing time this year than Navarro or anyone else, and certainly not more than Snider.

Tell me again why Buck won't just stick Travis in the lineup for 2 weeks to see what we have?

If Hardy is going on the DL and is expected to be out for a month, they should start thinking more about 2016 than 2015. Any combination of Flaherty, Pearce, Cabrera, and Janish is not going to get this team moving in the right direction. If they want to take a look at guys like Parmalee an Janish, fine, but they might be better off looking to deal Davis and Chen for players who will help for a few years.

If Hardy is going on the DL and is expected to be out for a month, they should start thinking more about 2016 than 2015. Any combination of Flaherty, Pearce, Cabrera, and Janish is not going to get this team moving in the right direction. If they want to take a look at guys like Parmalee an Janish, fine, but they might be better off looking to deal Davis and Chen for players who will help for a few years.

Good post. Chen and Britton might get a nice return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said this all along deal them BOTH they are NOT going to be here next year SELL HIGH as possible.

Between Flash, ECab, Pearce and Paredes we have 2B and SS covered. OF is covered. Why not use the spot to activate Norris?

Do the O's need 13 pitchers. The pitching has been pretty good. Its the hitting that needs help.

Archived