Dariel Alvarez is warming up

wildcard

We are already overloaded with outfielders and DH's, especially when Wieters DH's. When Wieters DH's we could have Snider and Young in the outfield with a bench of,

1. Caleb Joseph

2. David Lough

3. Nolan Reimold

4. Jimmy Paredes

5. Steve Pearce

I don't think Alvarez is ready yet. Let's see him hit well for a while. When he is ready it will be easier to evaluate who goes and who stays. I lot depends on if the O's are winning or not.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are already overloaded with outfielders and DH's, especially when Wieters DH's. When Wieters DH's we could have Snider and Young in the outfield with a bench of,

1. Caleb Joseph

2. David Lough

3. Nolan Reimold

4. Jimmy Paredes

5. Steve Pearce

Wouldn't Caleb Joseph be catching in that scenario?

Alvarez was 2 for 4 last night with 2 RBI. This is a reoccurring theme at this point. He is hitting .405 in his last 10 games.

He is now 25 for his last 67 (.373) over in last 19 games. He has 4 HR and 15 RBI in that period.

Watching Reimold hit that homer to deep right center last night made be wonder how good Alvarez and Parmelee can be if they just get out of Norfolk.

Alvarez was 2 for 4 last night with 2 RBI. This is a reoccurring theme at this point. He is hitting .405 in his last 10 games.

He is now 25 for his last 67 (.373) over in last 19 games. He has 4 HR and 15 RBI in that period.

Watching Reimold hit that homer to deep right center last night made be wonder how good Alvarez and Parmelee can be if they just get out of Norfolk.

Probably not as much as you would hope it would be.

Keep in mind, it's a trade off, getting out of a bad HR park, and yet, you start facing better pitchers.

Also, do they play all their games in Norfolk? What are their splits for power on the road?

Probably not as much as you would hope it would be.

Keep in mind, it's a trade off, getting out of a bad HR park, and yet, you start facing better pitchers.

Also, do they play all their games in Norfolk? What are their splits for power on the road?

I think hitters end up adjusting their swing to have less power in Norfolk. They probably are not going to have a home swing and an away swing so they just adjust for less power overall.

Alvarez has 6 HR's at home and only 1 on the road. So, not sure how that works out.

Should also add that he's had 61 more at bats on the road.

I think hitters end up adjusting their swing to have less power in Norfolk. They probably are not going to have a home swing and an away swing so they just adjust for less power overall.

Far enough.

Alvarez has 6 HR's at home and only 1 on the road. So, not sure how that works out.

Should also add that he's had 61 more at bats on the road.

Alvarez is so hot I don't think it matters where he is. Parmelee has hit all 5 of his homers on the road.

Christian Walker is also coming on a bit, .382 over his last 9 games.

My general working assumption is that a player will have an OPS 20-40 points lower in the majors than he does in Norfolk. Harbor Park is a tough place to hit, but they do play half their games somewhere else, and the pitching is much better in the majors.

I'm not sure I buy that. It depends a bit on how well conditioned you were when you were younger.

I think in a general sense Tony is right, but I'd bet that if Sandoval got on the Brady program and turned about 75 pounds of lard into 25 pounds of muscle his bat speed would get a little better.

I think in a general sense Tony is right, but I'd bet that if Sandoval got on the Brady program and turned about 75 pounds of lard into 25 pounds of muscle his bat speed would get a little better.

You mean more like this:

BsD86XzCUAAzKZB.jpg

Archived