Its time to promote Chris Parmelee (Activated, Chen to Frederick)

wildcard

It just made too much sense. I mean Chen could have pitched a week from today, what is a couple more days. I wonder if he actually pitches in Frederick or just stays with team. He could pitch a game there on turn just to stay sharp.

Good call. Never would have thought of it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just made too much sense. I mean Chen could have pitched a week from today, what is a couple more days. I wonder if he actually pitches in Frederick or just stays with team. He could pitch a game there on turn just to stay sharp.

I could be wrong, but I think he's required to report to Frederick. There was a similar situation last year where McFarland and Clevenger were optioned to Aberdeen on Aug. 31. Even knowing they'd be called back up to the majors in a day or two, they both had to report.

Actually, I totally disagree. You burn an option that has no future impact. Chen will never need to go down to the minors, and he won't be on the team next year anyway. It's a completely "free" move. You don't have to DFA anyone or burn an option on a player you plan to control next year.

I think it is making moves for the sake of making moves. I don't see how Parmelee has a spot on the team long term and if he is an upgrade, it is marginal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">JUST IN: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> have optioned Wei-Yin Chen to Single-A Frederick and activated Chris Parmelee. <a href="http://t.co/hQC0lFiOgA">pic.twitter.com/hQC0lFiOgA</a></p>— Orioles on MASN (@masnOrioles) <a href="

">June 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I could be wrong, but I think he's required to report to Frederick. There was a similar situation last year where McFarland and Clevenger were optioned to Aberdeen on Aug. 31. Even knowing they'd be called back up to the majors in a day or two, they both had to report.

He has to report but I don't think he actually has to be at games. My guess is he throws a bullpen or two and has an abbreviated start.

I think players have 72 hours to report.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">JUST IN: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> have optioned Wei-Yin Chen to Single-A Frederick and activated Chris Parmelee. <a href="http://t.co/hQC0lFiOgA">pic.twitter.com/hQC0lFiOgA</a></p>— Orioles on MASN (@masnOrioles) <a href="
">June 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow, I thought this was a joke, but it's legit.

It certainly does mean something. He hustles and I bet his times to first batting left is close or maybe better than either Reimold and Lough.

Batting average with RISP is real close to useless.

It is even closer to useless when it is 38 at bats and comes with a 552 BABIP.

I think it is making moves for the sake of making moves. I don't see how Parmelee has a spot on the team long term and if he is an upgrade, it is marginal.

You have to look at it as Plan A failed. Lough, De Aza, Snider, Pearce, Young did not win the jobs. Plan B is Reimold and Parmelee. Let's see what they can do from now until deadline deal time. Then if necessary Plan C is trade for a LF/RF. Is losing Snider all that bad. 1 HR. No power. Even his double last night was mis played. Are we going to pay him 4 million in Arb next year? Parmelee might not even be Arb eligible next year. I'd sure like to have him around for the 1st base mix next year. Bottom line is that Snider flopped and its time to see what someone else can do.

Archived