I hope Francouer didn't hurt himself

Frobby

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kept going back. And found the only other position player to throw 48+ pitches in the pitch-count era: David Howard threw 49 for '94 Royals</p>? Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="
">June 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My Meucci cue is a David Howard Original. Probably not the same David Howard...

David_Howard_Series.jpg

DH-2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way, Francouer's pitches in the 7th were pretty legit. He had some nice movement on them.

Heh, I guess in a position player coming in to pitch sort of way. He was getting some run and little sink but at 85-89 MPH before he got tired, he shouldn't quit his day job as an OFer. lol

It was ugly. I'm all for stepping on the opponents throat, but I probably would have told guys to whiff and get it over with.
The reason we scored so many runs tonight after the game was in the bag was we had a bunch of guys fighting for more playing time and to stay on the team

No question it was wrong for the guy to throw at Hardy, but he probably was angry from the inning before when Machado was inexplicably sent on what became a close play at the plate. Seriously, what was the point of that? We were already up by like 11 runs. Just could've caused an injury. Wonder if Buck had a talk with old Bobby after that one.

It was ugly. I'm all for stepping on the opponents throat, but I probably would have told guys to whiff and get it over with.

Along with fighting for playing time, these days there is value in every at-bat, I would think. Every bit of .OPS probably means something in negotiations, I imagine. Otherwise, I would think some of the batters would have given themselves up.

I do think Utley was very ticked at what was happening and the pitching coach did not look too happy with all his pacing. And how does the BP coach not realize the phone is off the hook in that instance.

A very distinct tale of two organizations on different tracks tonight!

I personally thought Sandberg embarrassed McGowen earlier in the game. McGowen handled himself well. Giving up 5 home runs in 3.1 innings is virtually unheard of territory. It has to be extremely embarrassing for him. No way I send him back out after he gave up the 3 in one inning.

The Francouer thing wasn't embarrassing for Francouer but it was so obvious his arm was toast about 20 pitches earlier. Papelbon has pitched once in the last 10 days. I realize we have 2 more games with these guys, but come on. Send your closer out to end an embarrassing game for your team.

On the teams I've played on those moves would not have gone over well and the players wouldn't ever forget those decisions. Just my 2 cents.

It made no sense. What are the Phillies saving Papelbon for? The only competition the Phillies are in is for the top pick next year.

Archived