Upset thread

Sports Guy

Ok..How about this...That was an incredibly stupid post by you.

The game is being called very ticky tack on both sides...Each side has a lot of foul trouble and each side is being called for touch fouls.

Come on dude, even you have to admit that the officiating has been one sided. I'll give you that it's been a little better at times in the second half. But really, WVU took three free throws in the 1st half, Duke took 12. Duke was in the bonus with 10 mins to go in the 1st half. WVU has taken 10 free throws in the game, Duke has taken 20.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on dude, even you have to admit that the officiating has been one sided. I'll give you that it's been a little better at times in the second half. But really, WVU took three free throws in the 1st half, Duke took 12. Duke was in the bonus with 10 mins to go in the 1st half. WVU has taken 10 free throws in the game, Duke has taken 20.

Who cares? Duke was more aggressive in the first half. That's why it was.

Give me a break...Search for some other reason because you look foolish right now. Each team has basically been called for the same amount of fouls.

Duke is so tired and done.

Who cares? Duke was more aggressive in the first half. That's why it was.

Give me a break...Search for some other reason because you look foolish right now. Each team has basically been called for the same amount of fouls.

Duke is so tired and done.

Duke was more aggressive in the 1st half so they got called for less fouls? I don't understand.

I look foolish? Dude, Duke has taken 14 more foul shots than WVU...FOURTEEN. Granted it doesn't seem to have hurt them at this point because DUKE has shot so poorly.

What's amazing to me is how much better Henderson is than all of his teammates. It's odd to see Duke (besides Henderson) playing so poorly in such a big game.

They are totally spent.

The season has worn them down because of their style of play.

They were tremendous this year until the Wake game...They were so good because they were quicker than everyone...They were forcing a lot of turnovers, getting a ton of points in transition and shooting very well.

Well, they are doing none of that now. The offense isn't running as smoothly, the defense is worse and the shots are all short...translation...They are a very tired team.

WV isn't even playing that well. Duke is killing themselves.

I mean, watch a lot of their fouls....Even their fouls are "tired fouls".

Duke was more aggressive in the 1st half so they got called for less fouls? I don't understand.

I look foolish? Dude, Duke has taken 14 more foul shots than WVU...FOURTEEN. Granted it doesn't seem to have hurt them at this point because DUKE has shot so poorly.

Who cares? So, you are telling me that every time a team has more FTs than the other team, the officiating is one sided? LOL

What a ridiculous set of posts by you in this thread.

The refs have been even.

They are totally spent.

The season has worn them down because of their style of play.

They were tremendous this year until the Wake game...They were so good because they were quicker than everyone...They were forcing a lot of turnovers, getting a ton of points in transition and shooting very well.

Well, they are doing none of that now. The offense isn't running as smoothly, the defense is worse and the shots are all short...translation...They are a very tired team.

WV isn't even playing that well. Duke is killing themselves.

I mean, watch a lot of their fouls....Even their fouls are "tired fouls".

This has been happening for a few years now, although this year they seem deeper than the past few. WVU's point guard has been terrific. I can't believe Bob Huggins just beat Coach K in the tournament. What's next, John Calipari winning a big game?

This has been happening for a few years now, although this year they seem deeper than the past few. WVU's point guard has been terrific. I can't believe Bob Huggins just beat Coach K in the tournament. What's next, John Calipari winning a big game?

It happened last year because they weren't deep.

This year it has happened because they don't have that inside game to go to when they want to slow things down.

Plus, one of their key guys is a freshman who has clearly hit the wall.

Who cares? So, you are telling me that every time a team has more FTs than the other team, the officiating is one sided? LOL

What a ridiculous set of posts by you in this thread.

The refs have been even.

I think you're confusing my posts with yours. I already conceded that the officiating has been better in the 2nd half. I just think you're a little blinded, where is this discrepancy coming from in foul shots?

It happened last year because they weren't deep.

This year it has happened because they don't have that inside game to go to when they want to slow things down.

Plus, one of their key guys is a freshman who has clearly hit the wall.

Yeah, that last offensive board by Mazzula was emabrassing. Duke is exhausted.

I think you're confusing my posts with yours. I already conceded that the officiating has been better in the 2nd half. I just think you're a little blinded, where is this discrepancy coming from in foul shots?

This is how dumb you sound...This is your first post:

I don't know...the refs are trying their damnedest to get them back in this. WVU has been outplaying them the whole game and is finally starting to his their threes...so now the refs have to start calling even more ticky tack fouls. The officiating in this game has been so completely one sided

So, you post this a few minutes ago yet you concede that the refs are better in the second half.

So, how is that the refs are trying to give the game to Duke NOW and trying to get Duke back into this if the officiating has been good in the second half?

Any chance Henderson goes pro?

I doubt it...He has very little basketball experience overall...He is a gifted golfer apparently and spent a lot of time growing up playing golf.

Plus and even more importantly, he has to have wrist surgery after the year...You have think that will really hurt his draft position.

Archived