Delmon Young Released (Appreciation Thread)

TonySoprano

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hello,

how does DFA work with veteran? thanks

If a player is DFA they have 10 days to trade, release, or outright the player. If a player with less than 5 years of service time is waived, they must accept the assignment the first time if they clear waivers. If they are DFA two or more times, they can declare free agency. Players with 3-5 years of service time can reject the assignment for free agency, but will forfeit their salary. Players with 5+ years can reject a minor league assignment and keep their salary when they become a free agent.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

hello,

how does DFA work with veteran? thanks

They have 10 days to work out a trade. He will be traded to an NL club Mos Def.

The reason being that if he goes through waivers every AL team will have an opportunity to claim him before the NL teams can. So if an NL team really wants Delmon, they'll have to trade us something for him. It's doubtful every single AL team would pass on him... someone could probably use him.

Guest roOsky
They have 10 days to work out a trade. He will be traded to an NL club Mos Def.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a player is DFA they have 10 days to trade, release, or outright the player. If a player with less than 5 years of service time is waived, they must accept the assignment the first time if they clear waivers. If they are DFA two or more times, they can declare free agency. Players with 3-5 years of service time can reject the assignment for free agency, but will forfeit their salary. Players with 5+ years can reject a minor league assignment and keep their salary when they become a free agent.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Maybe Delmon's pinch hitting is better than his written-from-the-clubhouse-hoping-Buck-won't-see-him punctuation.
The reason being that if he goes through waivers every AL team will have an opportunity to claim him before the NL teams can. So if an NL team really wants Delmon, they'll have to trade us something for him. It's doubtful every single AL team would pass on him... someone could probably use him.

thanks all

Guest roOsky
We need to get nice capitalization and sentences new friend. Please read our rules and PM if you have questions.

sorry Weams. english is not my first language. Im doing my best

During the game, Dan was interviewed. He sounds optimistic he would be able to bring Delmon back late in the year noting losing Reimold once and Pearce twice.

Buck referenced baseball being funny and crossing paths again in the post game presser. I was thinking more like next year but they could trade for him back come August 31.

I think it should of been Lough to go, but oh well. Good luck to Delmon

Edit: Lough is who i meant not Pearce

Lough gives something not redundant. Pearce and Reimold are both better options at this point. I was opposed to DFA demon to bring up Reimold prior to an opt out, but now that they're both up, I think Reimold is the better piece moving forward.

Also, we've needed lough in center as of late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possibly reacquiring Delmon later on, to me, serves a rather large purpose. There are very (very!) many guys I'd rather see than him come to the plate against us in a playoff game, should we be fortunate enough to get there.

Archived