Delmon Young Released (Appreciation Thread)

TonySoprano

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite memory of Delmon as an Oriole, besides the Tigers game, was one night last season. Home team, in a walkoff situation, Young was on deck. When he was to come up, Buck pulled him for Lough. Lough got the winning hit and, instead of pouting about being replaced, he was the first guy to greet Lough and celebrate. He may have come into town with baggage, but by all appearances, he was a good teammate here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite memory of Delmon as an Oriole, besides the Tigers game, was one night last season. Home team, in a walkoff situation, Young was on deck. When he was to come up, Buck pulled him for Lough. Lough got the winning hit and, instead of pouting about being replaced, he was the first guy to greet Lough and celebrate. He may have come into town with baggage, but by all appearances, he was a good teammate here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, he really seemed to be a good guy. He hit over .300 as a pinch hitter for us and gave us one of the great moments in Oriole history that will be remembered for many years.

I'm a little surprised they actually did it. This was the obvious move with 9 players for 5 spots. He just isn't needed with Reimold and Pearce producing more than him. But I thought Buck would have dug his heels in a bit harder.

One of the greatest moments in "recent" Oriole history. If you look at Hardy's slide its literally about six inches ahead of the tag. Thats what makes baseball so great. The timing and the micro distance between victory and defeat.
Don't forget Cruz' flop for joy when Hardy slides in safe.
I'm a little surprised they actually did it. This was the obvious move with 9 players for 5 spots. He just isn't needed with Reimold and Pearce producing more than him. But I thought Buck would have dug his heels in a bit harder.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette likes having the extra bat on the bench, but Buck prefers the 7th reliever. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived