This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure. I dont disagree with much here.

But Cruz is having a career year. After having a career year last year. I dont even think the keep him crowd expected him to be this good this year. Same as even the most negative couldnt have expected Norris to be so awful.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Cruz was also very good in 2013 before suspension. So 3 excellent seasons in a row now, no?

I don't know that Cruz specifically moves the needle. I'd like to see more reliability in the players filling holes come this off-season, but that is easier said than done. Risk relying on young players and risk in paying big bucks to veterans (usually with their best days behind them).

I think Upton is interesting, as is Heyward, but you better do your homework and make sure it's someone you want to build your franchise around for the next four or five years (along with Jones and Machado).

Sure. I dont disagree with much here.

But Cruz is having a career year. After having a career year last year. I dont even think the keep him crowd expected him to be this good this year. Same as even the most negative couldnt have expected Norris to be so awful.

I agree with that. I didn't think Cruz has the year he's having. Hell, I said oh well Sea can have him his numbers drop playing 81 games in that ball park.

As for Norris I was in the camp of trading him or Gonzo.

Honestly I understand Letting Cruz walk I just wish Duquette put forth a better effort to building this team this past off season.

I'll be called negative Nancy for this but I think this is the last of a winning ball club for a couple years. I think we will start seeing Duquette's product more so starting 2016. He came to a decent situation with what McPhail put together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same cast of characters plus a couple new ones were pretty quiet when we beat Oakland 4 straight a week ago. This is becoming tedious and predictable.

Another look at the standings shows Seattle, and Nelson Cruz, 10 games under .500. This time last year they were 10 games above .500, so there's a 20 game change in the wrong direction with Cruz. Is he responsible for that? Of course not. But some will have you believe he's more responsible for this team than the one he plays for now. Maybe they can explain that. Anyone? Bueller?

One of those characters went to 2 of 3 games when the Orioles played the Angels out here.

What's tedious and predictable is the FO not being clever enough to develop a contender in 2015. Even DD admitted that he didn't do a great job this year (re: all the DFAs) but some just refuse to accept that that man isn't a perfect GM.

MSK

Here you go all those who like to overreact, dramatize, complain, this is your one stop shopping for ALL your complaints. I do suggest you try to go beyond the bumper sticker arguments like "It's All Because No Nelson Cruz" and "Season's Over."

Expand a little.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2X_2IdybTV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I go on at 9. Sometimes 9:30, they run late

Same cast of characters plus a couple new ones were pretty quiet when we beat Oakland 4 straight a week ago. This is becoming tedious and predictable.

Another look at the standings shows Seattle, and Nelson Cruz, 10 games under .500. This time last year they were 10 games above .500, so there's a 20 game change in the wrong direction with Cruz. Is he responsible for that? Of course not. But some will have you believe he's more responsible for this team than the one he plays for now. Maybe they can explain that. Anyone? Bueller?

Thank you very much for the merges, Tony.

Much appreciated.

Patrick

One of those characters went to 2 of 3 games when the Orioles played the Angels out here.

What's tedious and predictable is the FO not being clever enough to develop a contender in 2015. Even DD admitted that he didn't do a great job this year (re: all the DFAs) but some just refuse to accept that that man isn't a perfect GM.

MSK

Everyone gets that DD had a terrible year. The problem is the degree to which some people take it.

Everyone gets that DD had a terrible year. The problem is the degree to which some people take it.

I respect you posted this. I think some don't realize it. I get the ranting is same old, same old but homerism with blinders is same old, same old as well.

It is, what it is now. We have a LOT riding on a good draft next year.

Really?

It seems that even back in November 2014 when many were alarmed by the lack of movement the same flapjacks were defending the man like he cured polio.

Now, the merest critique of the man is met with the same tired old declarations about three winning seasons out of the last 17 years or so. Wow.

Same arguments in both directions go on eternally.

MSK

I respect you posted this. I think some don't realize it. I get the ranting is same old, same old but homerism with blinders is same old, same old as well.

It is, what it is now. We have a LOT riding on a good draft next year.

Few wish to admit that side exists.

MSK

MSK

I don't see anyone saying he is perfect, or even close to that. What I do see it the same worn out drum beat, over and over and over, that the difference was ONE man, Nelson Cruz. If he is that much of a difference maker this year, it stands to reason he'd have that effect in Seattle.

This drum beat is far more interesting than the same ones I've been reading for months

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lSttPLaTx_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It seems that even back in November 2014 when many were alarmed by the lack of movement the same flapjacks were defending the man like he cured polio.

MSK

I guess you don't think November 2014 was too early to get a jump on the "I told you so's?" Your post just proves the point that some people can't wait for any excuse to complain. I'm not buying let alone leasing that some people "wish it wasn't that way."

Really?

Now, the merest critique of the man is met with the same tired old declarations about three winning seasons out of the last 17 years or so. Wow.

Same arguments in both directions go on eternally.

MSK

Ironic that you would post this. You yourself have said that DD is responsible for the travesty this year but said he lucked into 3 winning seasons. You dont simply luck into the best record in the majors over a 3 year span. That is where I have a problem.

Archived