This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

Is this reactionary and Monday morning quarterbacking at it's finest? yes, it is. I don't care what anyone including myself would have done. DD tried to fill 3 holes with DeAza, Young, Pearce, Lough and Snider. DeAza and Young are gone. Pearce is hitting .231 coming into today and looks like a platoon player which is fine. Lough is Lough, and Snider is hitting the ball with no pop at all. His WAR numbers are comical, I don't want to hear about that. He is such a good player according to WAR and yet he doesn't play everyday. Now we get to see Parmelee play everyday. DD talked about how he liked the outfield depth in the system, well where is it at? Paredes was a good addition eo he deserves that.

He built a bullpen that forced fed a Rule 5 player into it. The bullpen flexibility is because of injuries. As long as Norris is here all that does is gum things up. Roe was a nice additions but he is slowing down.

He doesn't deserve fault for injuries to JJ, Schoop and nagging stuff to Jones. I didn't think Tillman would struggle like this. At the end of the day what is next? Some improvement is going to have to be internal but we can't expect Manny to carry the team. We got hot in June vs poor pitching staffs and have shown no ability to this point to play with any consistency.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this reactionary and Monday morning quarterbacking at it's finest? yes, it is. I don't care what anyone including myself would have done. DD tried to fill 3 holes with DeAza, Young, Pearce, Lough and Snider. DeAza and Young are gone. Pearce is hitting .231 coming into today and looks like a platoon player which is fine. Lough is Lough, and Snider is hitting the ball with no pop at all. His WAR numbers are comical, I don't want to hear about that. He is such a good player according to WAR and yet he doesn't play everyday. Now we get to see Parmelee play everyday. DD talked about how he liked the outfield depth in the system, well where is it at? Paredes was a good addition eo he deserves that.

He built a bullpen that forced fed a Rule 5 player into it. The bullpen flexibility is because of injuries. As long as Norris is here all that does is gum things up. Roe was a nice additions but he is slowing down.

He doesn't deserve fault for injuries to JJ, Schoop and nagging stuff to Jones. I didn't think Tillman would struggle like this. At the end of the day what is next? Some improvement is going to have to be internal but we can't expect Manny to carry the team. We got hot in June vs poor pitching staffs and have shown no ability to this point to play with any consistency.

I am not going to dump on DD.

In case you forgot, it was DD that help supply Buck with the talent to end the 14 years of bad baseball.

3 seasons over .500 with 2 playoff visits is a blessed improvement over what they were doing.

I am not going to dump on DD.

In case you forgot, it was DD that help supply Buck with the talent to end the 14 years of bad baseball.

3 seasons over .500 with 2 playoff visits is a blessed improvement over what they were doing.

I won't either. I do think there is merit to the claim that the Toronto fiasco did distract him howerver

I won't either. I do think there is merit to the claim that the Toronto fiasco did distract him howerver

I don't.

DD is never going to be flashy and sign the big free agents.

he lucked into Cruz last season, when nobody wanted him and he got him to ink a one year deal to reprove himself.

You can't blame DD for Norris or Tillman either.

I don't.

DD is never going to be flashy and sign the big free agents.

he lucked into Cruz last season, when nobody wanted him and he got him to ink a one year deal to reprove himself.

You can't blame DD for Norris or Tillman either.

Pretty sure I can blame him for Norris.

This is what dumpster diving gets you.

But it's not DD's choice that he's been given such a meager allowance.

What a brunch of HORSE MANURE that is.

The Payroll is higher than ever.

You can't blame him for not over paying for Markakis, Cruz and Miller.

Granted, you never liked him from the get-go.

But, even you would have to concede, he was one of the reasons, they did as well as they did last season.

Yes, he had a good season by his standards last year and may or may not have been the O's fifth best starter.

I understand that and I do not want the Orioles to sign the big-name guys, I dont blame DD for the two starter's failures either. I was more getting after finding the Markakis replacement. I think thats where the distraction affected him/Orioles becuase it happened around the time Markakis left. As a result, we settled for Snider and now the COF turnstiles have been arguably our biggest problem along with inconsistent starting pitching. We had been looking at Nori Aoki who (though, now injured) is hitting well over .300, has an OBP close to .400 and has not made an error. Plus he signed at 1 year 4 million, a complete bargain. He's basically a better version of Markakis for cheaper.

Archived