Orioles interested in Justin Upton, others

jamesenoch

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I keep saying those advanced scouts are no joke. Same thing happened with Wright. A player can come up and dominate for a short stint but once that book gets out, you better be able to adjust.

I think the cutter was helping him out quite a bit. I tend to agree with the Orioles that this probably isn't something you really want a young pitcher utilizing too much (if at all). The Sox seam to have a different philosophy on that. That said, I think Erod can be decent pitcher.

I think the cutter was helping him out quite a bit. I tend to agree with the Orioles that this probably isn't something you really want a young pitcher utilizing too much (if at all). The Sox seam to have a different philosophy on that. That said, I think Erod can be decent pitcher.

I watched Robbie Ray and Eduardo at the same level and I never hesitated to tell you which one I favoured, even when he was the opposition. One was a brilliant craftsman. The other was a nice arm. That is why I thought the Fister trade would backfire. It just took Robbie a little bit to cause the pain. Eduardo could still cause us every bit of that heartache.

Arietta has become a true Ace with his cutter.

Lol c'mon man did you really just ask that to Stotle?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Why not? I have a huge amount of respect for Stotle, but Rodirguez was at 1.14 whip, 2.89 k/w and 111 era +, not bad at all. So was surprised to read that....mostly because I have him on fantasy team!!! :)

Why not? I have a huge amount of respect for Stotle, but Rodirguez was at 1.14 whip, 2.89 k/w and 111 era +, not bad at all. So was surprised to read that....mostly because I have him on fantasy team!!! :)

I'd swap him for Robbie Ray. But that's just me.

Strong delusion

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Baseball execs believe <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Tigers?src=hash">#Tigers</a> will sell at trade deadline, move Price, Cespedes. GM Dombrowski says no decision yet. <a href="http://t.co/1nAgU2VwCQ">http://t.co/1nAgU2VwCQ</a></p>— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="

">July 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I thought it was a cutter. Jake always had seven pitches he fiddled with. SO it's one of them.

How it's gripped, what it does and how it's utilized aren't always black and white. There's a pretty huge difference between an Arrieta cutter and an Edrod cutter. Not to mention Arrieta having TOR type stuff and Edrod not.

Stephen Wright just did the smartest thing he could do. Walked Albert Pujols on five pitches. With the bases loaded.

Well Aybar did not make it be so. Then Joyce got hit by a pitch. All of this with two out.

Stephen Wright just did the smartest thing he could do. Walked Albert Pujols on five pitches. With the bases loaded.
Well Aybar did not make it be so. Then Joyce got hit by a pitch. All of this with two out.

More of Boston's superior organizational pitching development I guess.

Archived