vs. YANKEES, 7/22

OFFNY

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did Snidwr really need to dive there? I'm just asking because more often than not it seems like guys dive for not reason

He did. It was a nice play actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nelson with two home runs tonight.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With my boys <a href="http://t.co/6DCqi3Uhtz">pic.twitter.com/6DCqi3Uhtz</a></p>— Nelson Cruz (@ncboomstick23) <a href="

">July 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Come on, O's. If you're going to stink, at least be so bad that it's comical so we can conjure up silly image macros about the team's ineptitude.

Being just good enough to hover around .500 while being bad enough to squander every opportunity and spoil any chance of the playoffs is the most galling thing of all. I'm not sure whether or not to pay attention on any given day. At least in the dog days of the 2000s I knew that I could disinterestedly read the box scores as the years went by and know that the team would finish in the cellar. This year we have a bunch of mediocre teams in the East so I'm not even sure where the O's will finish. I mean, I know they won't finish first, but maybe they'll pull out third or second place if no one else is any good either.

That's just no fun. Either be awesome or suck. None of this in-between crap.

Then again, 18 out of the 30 teams are going to be mediocre in any given season. So the odds of us being horrifically bad or a division winner are less than 50% if you rolled dice to determine each team's place in the standings.

I just don't like having a sliver of a chance into late August and then dropping off. I like to either get really invested in the team (like I did in 2012 and 2014) or blow them off almost entirely. This team isn't really letting me do either. I'm sure they'll go on a 4 or 5 game win streak here in the next few weeks and I'll be right back in it - in my mind - until they lose another 6 in a row after that.

Archived