Worse Sweep Ever

CA-ORIOLE

Good glad to get all the Markakis cheerers out of town. That was embarassing. I get the first AB of the game. But cheering him during that game after hits is inexcusable.

Why would that bother you? You're just being a sourpuss.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Need to go 39-20. That's a tall task no matter how the team looks.

They were also 41-34 at one point. So you could say even if they finished 39-20, it would "only" be a finish of 49-38, which isn't outrageous at all.

They were also 41-34 at one point. So you could say even if they finished 39-20, it would "only" be a finish of 49-38, which isn't outrageous at all.

And actually they need to go 39-23 to finish with 90 wins. Not 39-20.

Lineup and I don't think the stearting pitching (outside Gausman) wasn't nearly as good as the results. Just posting my reaction/feelings. We swept a reaaly bad team but we weren't very good imo.

Oh, idk, Tillman didn't have his best stuff and completed 8 2/3 without any walks which has been a problem for him this year. He's commanding his secondary offerings which allows him to be more in control out there.

Parmelee, I don't get it.

I actually feel worse about the teams chances after this and I should be ecstatic. Thankfully Atlanta is almost totally inept on offense (but hey the don't K very much) and I thought there pitching wasn't that good, especially tonight. I don't even think Tillman was very good.

We just have to get a lot better out there.

Oh and Parmelee coming into as a defensive replacement for Flaherty at first a base? Even if you think Parmellee is better defender at first than Flaherty, the whole concept of this is insane.

You feel bad about a sweep. Ok, I don't.

I didn't see any egregious fielding, base running gaffs, poor fundamentals, etc.. I'd be happy with the SP we got the rest of the way, I was impressed with Tillman's pitch efficiency. The only disappointment for me was still a less than exciting offence. But ATL has decent pitching.

Good glad to get all the Markakis cheerers out of town. That was embarassing. I get the first AB of the game. But cheering him during that game after hits is inexcusable.

We are not going anywhere and it was awesome to see Markakis again. PA/DD dont really care about the fans but I believe we made it clear as to what we wanted to happen that they didnt do.

There was just no excuse not to resign him. Dont give me all the "money" stuff, we dont spend it on FA's anyway it just goes in PA pocket.

I didn't see any egregious fielding, base running gaffs, poor fundamentals, etc.. I'd be happy with the SP we got the rest of the way, I was impressed with Tillman's pitch efficiency. The only disappointment for me was still a less than exciting offence. But ATL has decent pitching.

You don't get it. When the Orioles win 2-0 it means they suck and their opponent sucks more. A real playoff team would have won each of these games 11-0. Sure, the Royals lost to the Indians 12-1 last night, but they have such a big lead they were trying to keep the rest of the league interested in the last two months of the season. They weren't even really trying, they probably even pitched Ben Zobrist just to loosen things up in the clubhouse.

You don't get it. When the Orioles win 2-0 it means they suck and their opponent sucks more. A real playoff team would have won each of these games 11-0. Sure, the Royals lost to the Indians 12-1 last night, but they have such a big lead they were trying to keep the rest of the league interested in the last two months of the season. They weren't even really trying, they probably even pitched Ben Zobrist just to loosen things up in the clubhouse.
I get it now.

Need to go 39-20. That's a tall task no matter how the team looks.

One other point...it's easier for contending teams to finish the last two months with a good record because through the end of July everyone is trying to win. However, the contending teams usually get better for the final two months because they add to their roster via buying whereas half the teams throw in the towel and sell and start playing prospects to build for the future. So another strong finish definitely isn't out of the question.

What is wrong with some of the people on this message board? A negative thread about sweeping the Braves? Nick Markakis fans are cheering too much?

This is all a joke right?

I was reading this thread with a sarcastic tone in my head...so I'm just pretending it's a joke at this point.

Archived