Worse Sweep Ever

CA-ORIOLE

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually feel worse about the teams chances after this and I should be ecstatic. Thankfully Atlanta is almost totally inept on offense (but hey the don't K very much) and I thought there pitching wasn't that good, especially tonight. I don't even think Tillman was very good.

We just have to get a lot better out there.

Oh and Parmelee coming into as a defensive replacement for Flaherty at first a base? Even if you think Parmellee is better defender at first than Flaherty, the whole concept of this is insane.

Glad Buck didn't agree with you and left him in to get 26 of the 27 outs. If the Orioles had scored a few more runs and Freeman wasn't a dangerous hitter with extreme splits (.906 vs. RHP, .726 vs. LHP in 2015; .881 / .737 career), he might have even let him try to get the final out as well.

In this thread we have:

1) OP complaining of how poorly we played in our 3-game sweep

2) A poster embarrassed and disgusted that we gave Nick big ovations in his first AB of each game.

3) A poster lumping Dan Duquette in the same mold as Mr. Angelos, claiming he doesn't care about the fans

God Bless America and the freedom of speech

You don't get it. When the Orioles win 2-0 it means they suck and their opponent sucks more.

In this case it does. Do you know me to make posts like this? I hope the team gets it together and plays a lot better than that.

Oh, idk, Tillman didn't have his best stuff and completed 8 2/3 without any walks which has been a problem for him this year. He's commanding his secondary offerings which allows him to be more in control out there.

Parmelee, I don't get it.

He threw a few nice curveballs after the fifth inning. His FB command wasn't horrible I guess. His CH was pretty bad. Other than that I didn't see much other than the Braves being totally inept and not being able to hit the ball. No reason not to throw strikes. Just saying almost any other team we lose.

That said I do think he has at least been trending better than Ubaldo.

Need to go 39-20. That's a tall task no matter how the team looks.

I don't get why pople kep sayig that. I knw 90 wns is jut a number but by saying we need get to 90 would mean other teams do as well. Toget to 90 this is what the other teams have to do.

Twins. 38-24

Orioles 39-23

Jays 39-21

Rays 39-20

White Sox 41-22

Tigers 41-20

Rangers 42-20

IF 90 wins is the mark then every team is going to hav to play amazing to get there. In all honesty the only two teams I see that have the talent to get there is the Orioles and Jays and I don't think either gets withing 3 games of there.

It is super scary when Pierzynski is your #4/5 hitter and some brand new 30 year old guy from Cuba or wherever is hitting #4/5 after 10 AB. WOW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Markakis slapping balls through the infield is their highlight on offense. Not that I don't find that impressive in it's own way. Anyways my feeling and general point after that series is we aren't very good right now...which seemed kind of an odd feeling after a sweep.

I actually feel worse about the teams chances after this and I should be ecstatic. Thankfully Atlanta is almost totally inept on offense (but hey the don't K very much) and I thought there pitching wasn't that good, especially tonight. I don't even think Tillman was very good.

Oh and Parmelee coming into as a defensive replacement for Flaherty at first a base? Even if you think Parmellee is better defender at first than Flaherty, the whole concept of this is insane.

You know I'll take any win we get I've been pretty convinced this a .500 club so anything better then that and I am a HAPPY camper. :)

Parmelee still on this club is a joke JMHO. His glove is overrated at 1st base right after he came in last night he wiffed one badly and Schoop backed him up.

I thought Tillman was GOOD last night when he gets the breaking ball working he's tuff. ;)

A win is a win. Leave that losing for a draft pick talk back in 2011.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Archived