Parra to the Orioles (Done Deal)

TonySoprano

Who Would You Trade For?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Trade For?

• Gerardo Parra - 2 month rental
    • Ben Revere
    • Someone Else (Please name them in the comments)
    • Nobody. Not much worth it on the market.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is an offensive upgrade, but here's some defensive perspective:

Parra 2015: -2.1 dWAR

Lough 2015: 1.8 dWAR (in like half the games)

I agree our offense needs help, but our pitching staff is predicated on superior defense. Just too much for a rental.

Here's hoping he sets the world on fire...

I wouldn't get so worked up over those numbers. He played a decent number of innings in CF. He will not be playing CF here.

Very disappointing to move a guy who I feel with end up a solid 3rd or 4th starter for years to come for a two month rental on a .500 ball club. Parra doesn't move the needle enough. This is short sighted and the first prospect I'm upset about Duquette moving for a rental. Davies may not have a huge upside, but he's a very good bet to have a solid career as a starter.

Hopefully this means Angelos is going to be willing to open up his wallet to keep Chen thie offseason, though I have little faith that will actually happen.

Beyond stupid. This is a .500 club. This won't move the needle. And now we lose Davies for a 2 month rental of a career slap hitter having a career year in a walk year.

Duquette getting fleeced. Again.

Careful, someone's going to insult you for not liking the trade. Regardless, I agree; we're still on the outside looking in after this trade. So why give up maybe our current best pitching prospect?

I don't really understand the commotion. I have a hard time believing Davies will come back to bite us too bad.

Regardless of if you believe this is the kind of deal the Os should be making--DD didn't get fleeced. Seems like a pretty standard trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also against this deal because the O's already have one of the weakest farm systems in the baseball, and they have a slim chance of making the playoffs this season.

I would've preferred being sellers and restocking the organizations for years to come.

And now it looks like Revere may be going to the Blue Jays...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/07/ben-revere-blue-jays-phillies.html

Sorry, but I am excited.

Parra is red-hot and could provide a necessary spark for the final few months to get us into the postseason.

Losing Davies kind of hurts, but that's only because, sadly, he is our number 3 prospect. That's just sad.

And for those who are crying bloody murder over the deal, how many starting pitchers who have come through our system - been drafted and come through our system - have had major league success, in the last 15 years?

Erik Bedard is all I can think of. And Britton, who has had success as a reliever.

I wouldn't have been opposed to selling on Davis / Wieters / Chen for the right price, but I understand why we wouldn't.

I'm sure the clubhouse moral would be fantastic after deciding to mail it in when we're only 2 games back of the WC. I bet Manny and Jones would respond really well to that decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is an offensive upgrade, but here's some defensive perspective:

Parra 2015: -2.1 dWAR

Lough 2015: 1.8 dWAR (in like half the games)

I agree our offense needs help, but our pitching staff is predicated on superior defense. Just too much for a rental.

Here's hoping he sets the world on fire...

He's been awful in LF and CF but very good in RF, where where he will probably play for the O's.

Archived