Parra to the Orioles (Done Deal)

TonySoprano

Who Would You Trade For?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Trade For?

• Gerardo Parra - 2 month rental
    • Ben Revere
    • Someone Else (Please name them in the comments)
    • Nobody. Not much worth it on the market.

Doesn't develop prospects, watches the best ones get hurt, trades those precious few who remain for players like Parra.

Now, for all those who adamantly lauded/defended the "massive" overhaul/institutional changes put in place by DD's administration...........how's it going?

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really understand the commotion. I have a hard time believing Davies will come back to bite us too bad.

Regardless of if you believe this is the kind of deal the Os should be making--DD didn't get fleeced. Seems like a pretty standard trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't think Davies will come back to bite us in the rear end either, especially with how we develop prospects. I'm fine with it. I hope we aren't done either.

I am so annoyed by this deal. I usually just wait it out but boy am I not a fan of this one.

Yeah, I hate having .328 hitters with .886 OPS at the corner OF spot.

If they don't deal Gausman today, I will consider it a win day.

Sorry, but I am excited.

Parra is red-hot and could provide a necessary spark for the final few months to get us into the postseason.

Losing Davies kind of hurts, but that's only because, sadly, he is our number 3 prospect. That's just sad.

And for those who are crying bloody murder over the deal, how many starting pitchers who have come through our system - been drafted and come through our system - have had major league success, in the last 15 years?

Erik Bedard is all I can think of. And Britton, who has had success as a reliever.

Which is why so many of us wanted to sell :rolleyestf:

I don't really understand the commotion. I have a hard time believing Davies will come back to bite us too bad.

Regardless of if you believe this is the kind of deal the Os should be making--DD didn't get fleeced. Seems like a pretty standard trade.

Let's break it down a bit though...

The Yankees sit 6 games up (not insurmountable) and seem to be solidly in the driver' seat. The Blue Jays sit tied with us for 2nd with a huge run differential, and just acquired the best shortstop in the game and an ace. They look to be well on their way to a WC. You have to believe that one of the Angels and Astros will be the other wild card, especially after making a number of upgrades.

Anything's possible, sure, but we clearly are a long shot to make the playoffs at this point. So logic suggests, you either go all in, get an ace, and 2 bats or you sell off some of our rentals of which we have a few. Not moving the needle, but giving up a prospect that is probably a starter for years to come just doesn't make sense to me.

I can only assume that the asking prices of rentals Upton and Cespedes were just way out of our price range. And we know that the Mets have offered at least Zack Wheeler for Bruce, so that wasn't going to happen, either. Revere isn't very good, and it is entirely possible that Andy et al in Philly were pushing to get Davies plus a couple more decent prospects for him. All in all, Parra for Davies was probably about the best we could do in this market. Hopefully, Parra can stay hot for 2 more months. I don't really like losing Davies, but I don't know what people think other teams are going to trade their players for. If we have a minor league player that we don't think is a major league prospect, do we really think we can trade that guy for a player that could help us?

Two questions: Will he play for us tonight? And... Will he get us a comp pick if we don't/can't resign him.

No pick from him because he was traded mid-season. If we got him before the season, then it could have been a QO pick.

Sorry, but I am excited.

Parra is red-hot and could provide a necessary spark for the final few months to get us into the postseason.

Losing Davies kind of hurts, but that's only because, sadly, he is our number 3 prospect. That's just sad.

And for those who are crying bloody murder over the deal, how many starting pitchers who have come through our system - been drafted and come through our system - have had major league success, in the last 15 years?

Erik Bedard is all I can think of. And Britton, who has had success as a reliever.

This is a fair point. We're much better at talent evaluation than talent development. If we can use prospect potential as a currency, that's fine by me.

Archived