Lough DFA (Outrighted to Norfolk)

TonySoprano

They didn't want Lough anymore because Duquette is enamored with failed prospects. Lake has no business being in the majors. But he has an option. But he's a redundant piece. Why on Earth is he here? Not an elite defender. He has a flawed bat. And his "speed" he can't use if he's not on base. So what on Earth is he doing here?

Lake has a AAA OPS of .827, .875 this year, and that is playing in Iowa, not Reno. He had a bad season in the big leagues in 2014, but it seems foolish to completely write him off.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I assume you think Reimold is gone tomorrow?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Urrutia will take BP today and be recalled tomorrow. Another roster move coming. Won't involve Wieters. Not going on DL <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">August 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I thought for sure Snider and Young would outproduce Markakis. And they were...and then completely fell apart.

And here's the issue with Duquette: he hasn't won a single trade, has he? Has he done anything to revamp the minors? No, he's been living the high life off of major trades by none other than Andy MacPhail. The only times Duquette has looked like a genius is when his bottom of the barrel AAAA signings somehow completely turned it around. Otherwise, how are the Orioles looking this year with every single one of Dan's acquisitions pretty much bottoming out?

Brach.

They didn't want Lough anymore because Duquette is enamored with failed prospects. Lake has no business being in the majors. But he has an option. But he's a redundant piece. Why on Earth is he here? Not an elite defender. He has a flawed bat. And his "speed" he can't use if he's not on base. So what on Earth is he doing here?

Sure they could send Lake down, but he is also out of options after this year so probably just trying to see what they have with him.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I thought for sure Snider and Young would outproduce Markakis. And they were...and then completely fell apart.

And here's the issue with Duquette: he hasn't won a single trade, has he? Has he done anything to revamp the minors? No, he's been living the high life off of major trades by none other than Andy MacPhail. The only times Duquette has looked like a genius is when his bottom of the barrel AAAA signings somehow completely turned it around. Otherwise, how are the Orioles looking this year with every single one of Dan's acquisitions pretty much bottoming out?

Chen and Gonzalez alone have been huge acquisitions.

Yeah, Markakis has been a "magician with the bat" this season. He made his power bat disappear.

If you're going to rag on him for something, it should be his defense. A .370 OBP, left handed bat would be very nice either in front of or behind Machado this year. I was adamantly against resigning him (and am still very happy we didn't), but there's no doubt he's been better than what we've been trotting out to the corners this year.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Urrutia will take BP today and be recalled tomorrow. Another roster move coming. Won't involve Wieters. Not going on DL <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">August 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lake or Reimold. Maybe it is Clevenger and I am wrong.

This is so ridiculously stupid. Why is Lake on this roster? He's a failed prospect that is just clogging the roster. At least Lough was an elite defender. Lake brings absolutely nothing to this team right now. Duquette is a disaster this year.

Doesn't make much sense. It be nice to get a straight answer from him when asked why he's making a move like this! When he talks the guy makes my ears bleed. Now all the decisions he makes gets my blood pressure up.

I wish we would have taken as much as we could have gotten and let him walk to Toronto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lake has a AAA OPS of .827, .875 this year, and that is playing in Iowa, not Reno. He had a bad season in the big leagues in 2014, but it seems foolish to completely write him off.

He's a lottery ticket that can hang out in the hopper in Norfolk for a couple weeks until rosters expand.

Only 247 plate appearances. He's also 25. Redundant with Reimold here. I don't get it. When the bullpen needs help you call up a redundant piece and then DFA a guy like Lough who can actually meaningfully contribute?

Yeah that post just shows that he doesnt want to view DD even handedly. Only bringing up things that show how bad he has done.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I get the frustration, he hasn't had a good season but that doesn't mean I want him gone.

Archived