What Happens if we Sweep KC?

Bahama O's Fan

I don't have any dreams of it happening' date=' but just theoretically, would you think we still have a chance?[/quote']

Barely. We would probably have to win 75% of the remaining games from here, assuming the wild card is at 88 or 89 games this year.

I mean, the past 4 games we've done nothing that resembles good or winning baseball and we're only 2 games out.

Someone ahead of us in the WC race is going on a run. Might be Texas, might be the Angels, might be the Twins, hell might even be Tampa Bay (who are a half game behind but still a decent enough team). But someone will get hot. And that is what will tank the O's. Even if, let's say, they only lose 12 times in September, the odds say someone else ahead of them will probably do just as well or even better.

There's just too many teams in the mix, and the Orioles are just not talented or focused enough to go on a major run. The starting pitching is very shaky, and when the starters do deliver, the offense fails to support it. If it was let's say just the O's and the Angels or just the O's and Texas, they'd have a much better shot. But with 3 or 4 other teams vying for that one second WC, it's not looking good.

Two games out in a crowded field of four or five contenders is roughly equivalent of five or six games out in the division. With all the head-to-head division games coming up, the O's might actually have a better chance at winning the division outright than finishing ahead of all the second WC contenders.

Ha, ha, ha...the Royals just turned it on when they wanted to. They remind me of the line from Jim Bouton about the Orioles of the 1970s..."It was like being in school and pitching a no-hitter...until the big boys showed up."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived