Why is Reimold going back to Bowie?

Sports Guy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the basic idea is *first* you show us you can do it, and *then* we promote you... not the other way around.

In general, that seems like a good idea to me...

I think it is ok to let him in Bowie to get some more ab's to prove that last years small sample size was not a fluke.

I'm a firm believer in the cream rising to the top.

Ohhh clearly.... thats why Reimold with his 930 OPS goes back to AA, while Hernandez with his 592 OPS at Bowie gets to become the Major League starter.

Hey, he didnt say what they had to show. Hernandez showed in a lot of at-bats how futile he is. Reimold showed us he was good in a small amount of at-bats.

But, the morale of the story is that Hernandez showed us how bad he is, so its okay to promote him. :D

But really, Reimold is a long term solution, Hernandez isnt.

Seems to make sense. They have no plans of rushing prospects. Our outfield is set with Scott, Jones, and Markakis. They want him to get off to a good start and I guarantee they will move him up if he does. They aren't going to bring him up and start his service clock to sit on the bench. I don't understand why anyone sees anything wrong with him getting some more confidence at AA. One thing, not a lot of protection for him in that lineup.

Personally, I want to see what kind of numbers Scott can put up getting his name written into the lineup every day.

There's no harm in starting him at AAA.

I don't understand this...when healthy, he has shown that he can hit AA pitching at a pretty good clip.

If you're gonna get hurt, you're gonna get hurt, be it at AA, AAA or MLB. This doesn't make sense.

No there isn't any harm in starting him at AAA. He has his fate in his own hands though. To quote Darren Green "It doesn't matter where you are! Do what you can with what you have!".

I think if he does well he'll either be in AAA or the Majors before the All-Star break.

Ohhh clearly.... thats why Reimold with his 930 OPS goes back to AA, while Hernandez with his 592 OPS at Bowie gets to become the Major League starter.

LOL...Can't wait to see the response to that one.

Probably something along the lines that Reimold doesn't have the ability to cure cancer with a baseball glove in his hand.

I could understand this if he's 22, but he's 24. 24 in AA is not a good sign. It's... a discouraging sign. If Hernandez is on the Baltimore roster when the season starts, I think this combination of decisions sends very confusing signals to the O's prospects.

LOL...Can't wait to see the response to that one.

Probably something along the lines that Reimold doesn't have the ability to cure cancer with a baseball glove in his hand.

I think one of the key ideas is that his power numbers will suffer in Norfolk so they want to get the numbers up in Bowie.

Reimold's and Hernandez's situations have nothing in common. We have options in LF with Scott, Payton, and even Moore able to play the position. We really have no other option at SS. And, we know that Hernandez is not the answer at SS long-term, so who cares if he fails? Reimold might be the answer in LF so they'll be more careful with him.

I think one of the key ideas is that his power numbers will suffer in Norfolk so they want to get the numbers up in Bowie.

According to my sources {Cough} you are correct.

Norfolk is a big time pitchers park and they are concerned his power numbers would go down, which makes you try to hit more homeruns, which makes your average go down.

Also, keep in mind the pitching would be better in AAA and he's only a phone call away at Bowie. If he forces their hand he can always be moved up to AAA with numbers and confidence. If the O's get a major injury he could become our starting left-fielder sooner then we think.

Archived