It might be time to go full 76ers mode down the stretch.

sportsfan8703

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See there you go. I don't know.
I only remember because driving back from vacation in Canada around June 25th we were listening to the day game vs. the Red Sox on the radio and De Aza wrapped one around the Pesky pole, for the Sox.

Been a large number of roster moves for sure.

I sure they set the team record for DFAs.

I wonder if they are close to setting a single season record for number of different players on the roster?????

Been a large number of roster moves for sure.

I sure they set the team record for DFAs.

I wonder if they are close to setting a single season record for number of different players on the roster?????

I think one season we had seven shortstops. I know one season we had six catchers.

I think one season we had seven shortstops. I know one season we had six catchers.

We have had 48 players on the current roster, and 4 different catchers and 5 different Shortstops.

Just sampling some of the previous rosters, 1992 had 38. 1998 had 48 and 2008 had 46.

This season is not over, either.

We have had 48 players on the current roster, and 4 different catchers and 5 different Shortstops.

Just sampling some of the previous rosters, 1992 had 38. 1998 had 48 and 2008 had 46.

This season is not over, either.

2012 set some kind of record, if I recall correctly. Duquette was a master of the roster shuffle, taking a team of nondescript underdogs to the playoffs by using loopholes to give the Orioles effectively a 30-man roster. Of course that's now known as being cheap and too distracted to build a real contender.

2012 set some kind of record, if I recall correctly. Duquette was a master of the roster shuffle, taking a team of nondescript underdogs to the playoffs by using loopholes to give the Orioles effectively a 30-man roster. Of course that's now known as being cheap and too distracted to build a real contender.

2012 had 52 players for the season.

I suspect that's the winner for now.

2012 had 52 players for the season.

I suspect that's the winner for now.

Actually the O's record for most players used in a season was 54 in 1955, the Orioles' second year of existence.

That's when the O's were in the process of shedding the former St. Louis Browns players and calling up a bunch of not-ready-for-primetime minor leaguers.

2012 and 2013 are tied for second, with 52 players each.

Actually the O's record for most players used in a season was 54 in 1955, the Orioles' second year of existence.

That's when the O's were in the process of shedding the former St. Louis Browns players and calling up a bunch of not-ready-for-primetime minor leaguers.

2012 and 2013 are tied for second, with 52 players each.

Wow, that's a lot of players.

The 2008 Orioles had six players who played shortstop (Hernandez, Torres, Cintron, Fahey, Bynum, Castro. Cintron lead that group with 61 games played). I'm not sure they all really counted as shortstops. Kind of like how I'm a person who sometimes plays golf. But I'm not a golfer.

Edit: Every single one of those six quasi-shortstops ended the year with an fWAR below zero. Group total: -4.0 fWAR.

I think Bud Norris, Tommy Hunter, Delmon Young, Alejandro De Aza, Travis Snider and David Lough all lived here then.
Which one of those, has a shot at getting a WS ring, now.

In all likelihood, Hunter's Cubs and Snider's Pirates will face each other in the NL Wild Card game. So those two have the best chance at the moment. De Aza just joined the Giants, but they've all but fallen out of the race.

In all likelihood, Hunter's Cubs and Snider's Pirates will face each other in the NL Wild Card game. So those two have the best chance at the moment. De Aza just joined the Giants, but they've all but fallen out of the race.

I hadn't been following the standings, and didn't realize that the Giants had fallen out of the race.

The 2008 Orioles had six players who played shortstop (Hernandez, Torres, Cintron, Fahey, Bynum, Castro. Cintron lead that group with 61 games played). I'm not sure they all really counted as shortstops. Kind of like how I'm a person who sometimes plays golf. But I'm not a golfer.

Edit: Every single one of those six quasi-shortstops ended the year with an fWAR below zero. Group total: -4.0 fWAR.

The 2008 left a bad taste in my mouth for the SS position and was so glad, when the Orioles traded for a real SS in Hardy.

Archived