Perlozzoed

Tony-OH

We were Perlozzoed again tonight.

1. Leaves DCab in to walk 2 batters when he has already thrown 102 pitches

2. Puts Walker in to face Ortiz who BTW he is 5-9 against with 3 HRS

3. Puts Bradford in to face Manny who is 7-12 against Bradford

We need to fire this idiot now. I don't care if Mazzone goes with him, I'm sure McCall or Mcgregor would be able to fill in and it would be worth it to have a manager who had a clue. Perlozzo has no clue how to manage a game. He is by far the worst manager that the Orioles have had and makes Lee Mazzilli look like Earl Weaver.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We were Perlozzoed again tonight.

1. Leaves DCab in to walk 2 batters when he has already thrown 102 pitches

2. Puts Walker in to face Ortiz who BTW he is 5-9 against with 3 HRS

3. Puts Bradford in to face Manny who is 7-12 against Bradford

We need to fire this idiot now. I don't care if Mazzone goes with him, I'm sure McCall or Mcgregor would be able to fill in and it would be worth it to have a manager who had a clue. Perlozzo has no clue how to manage a game. He is by far the worst manager that the Orioles have had and makes Lee Mazzilli look like Earl Weaver.

I don't think Mazzone goes. He's got to be able to tell Perlozzo sucks.

I said it in the game thread; I'm about done with this team now. We aren't exceptionally talented. I can tolerate that. We aren't talented enough to win the division. I can tolerate that. I still do enjoy to see good performances by our players and good games against good teams.

But what I hate watching is when we give the game away with mental mistakes, and when the manager gives it away with boneheaded moves. All signs pointed to "GO TO THE BULLPEN" but Sam, instead, allowed Cabrera to pitch to another four batters, allowing two to reach. Then he brings in a guy who Ortiz has crushed in his career to face Ortiz, and replaces him with a guy Manny has crushed in his career to face Manny, and suddenly we forget all about the fact that we just tied the game up.

I can sit and watch our batters whiff at horrible pitches in the dirt because they just aren't that good. It ticks me off, but I can tolerate it. But I don't think I can tolerate watching this team anymore when we have a shot and our manager yanks the game out of reach.

In any other profession, Sam Perlozzo would have lost his job a long time ago. I know Mazzilli was fired in the middle of a season two years ago, but I don't think the hometown boy who brought in Mazzone is going to be fired, ever. He'll stay for the remainder of his contract, and possibly then some. And the Orioles will continue to lose, because Sam Perlozzo does not know how to manage a baseball team.

But he's such a nice guy, and he's been here forever....... he knows the Oriole Way. :rolleyes:

The only Oriole Way Sam knows is losing. He hasn't had a winning season with this team as a coach.

Speaking of the Oriole Way I bet the Oriole bird could manage better than Sam Perlozzo. At least that would be entertaining.

I said it in the game thread; I'm about done with this team now. We aren't exceptionally talented. I can tolerate that. We aren't talented enough to win the division. I can tolerate that. I still do enjoy to see good performances by our players and good games against good teams.

But what I hate watching is when we give the game away with mental mistakes, and when the manager gives it away with boneheaded moves. All signs pointed to "GO TO THE BULLPEN" but Sam, instead, allowed Cabrera to pitch to another four batters, allowing two to reach. Then he brings in a guy who Ortiz has crushed in his career to face Ortiz, and replaces him with a guy Manny has crushed in his career to face Manny, and suddenly we forget all about the fact that we just tied the game up.

I can sit and watch our batters whiff at horrible pitches in the dirt because they just aren't that good. It ticks me off, but I can tolerate it. But I don't think I can tolerate watching this team anymore when we have a shot and our manager yanks the game out of reach.

Please enjoy your rep points.

I think every time from now on that Sam pulls a "Perlozzo" I'm going to take a drink. I think that's the only way to be able to watch this team right now...

You better have someone checking up on you every five minutes to make sure you don't die of alcohol poisoning.

Why? We tie the game and our manager decides to wait until Cabrera puts two men on base in the seventh before pulling him after throwing over 100 pitches. He said Daniel's a big strong guy and thought he could handle another inning. Okay! Do we give him the benefit of the doubt? Why not? Because we are playing the first place Red Sox.

These games are important. Then he does something I haven't seen in a long long time. He doesn't go by the smart book. He matches properly...a lefty facing Ortiz with the game scored. The only problem was Ortiz I think they said was 5-9 against Walker. You might as well pitch a right hander if we don't have another lefthander to bring in. 5-9? Come on! Then he brings in Bradford to face Ramirez and I think they said he was 7-12 against Bradford! Really? both guys got hits to knock in runs. Anyone surprised? I wasn't. The walks continued and the game ended on a sour note. We really need to win Thursday night so we can go on the road only1.5 games out of first.

Archived