Perlozzoed

Tony-OH

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, he's horrible. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that's all used up. He's possibly worse than Regan and Miller as in-game managers. I honestly don't care if Mazzone goes if he goes at this point. He's gotta be on a short short short leash.

Seriously, he's horrible. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that's all used up. He's possibly worse than Regan and Miller as in-game managers. I honestly don't care if Mazzone goes if he goes at this point. He's gotta be on a short short short leash.

That's true.

I bet we could get Ray Miller back.

This is how I feel. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but that is gone now. He needs to go.

Agree 100%. It's a simple principle that all baseball fans can agree on. If you have an arm that appears to be "on" pitching, you don't take them out unnecessarily. It seems Perlozzo wants to use like all of these guys every single day which just does not work. You go through 8 pitchers and you're bound to find the one that doesn't have his best stuff today. I thought every reliever that pitched today should have gone out for at least a second inning. Instead, we're down to Birkins and Guthrie, who I'm not even sure would be okay to pitch again, because Perlozzo has no idea what he's doing.

Unbelievable stupidity. I'm almost willing to give up on my hopes for a sabermetric manager entirely and can forgive idiotic sacrifice bunting and all that if we can just find someone who can do one thing right, specifically bullpen management. We have a great bullpen, clearly one of the best in the league, and Perlozzo showed you exactly how not to use it tonight. Just use one or two guys a night and let them pitch multiple innings!

You can't write it much more clearly than that. It just cracks me up to watch the opposing managers load up on their lefties out of the pen. Torre used that underhand lefty for like 6000 innings this weekend. Ledezma pitched what 5 or 6 innings in 3 games. I really don't believe our FO is stupid so they have to realize what is going on. Yes, Hernandez and Payton will help with this situation, but why in the world would we not want to utilize the big RH hitters down on the farm? Amazing, simply amazing

This is their mantra. They will keep saying this over and over again.

Nice take. I hope the press corps grills him on that. I'd like to hear the excuse and/or reasoning. That has got to go down as one of the worst managing jobs in history.

If Birkins were successful, would he have been the first of our relievers in the game to pitch more than 2 innings? Yes, the AAA call up. It must have been lonely out there in the bullpen by the end of the game being that there were only coaches and Guthrie left.

Archived