OFFNY

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/yankees?src=hash">#yankees</a> 0-for-6 with RISP. Before today, Chen was holding opponents to .176 average with RISP, 2nd in the majors</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">October 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Someone is going to pay a lot to watch those numbers regress.

Go to NL and face weaker teams. AL East offenses way up this year. Toronto, NYY and Boston all up.

Where is the Adair article?

It is really a Jake article. But has stuff about Adair, I posted it in the MLB thread.

Multiple sources said that Arrieta's problems in Baltimore stemmed in part from a strained relationship with former Orioles pitching coach Rick Adair, an old-school type who was not particularly receptive to young pitchers with free-thinking orientations. "Rick was hard on young pitchers," said one current Orioles player who declined to be named.

Another person familiar with the situation referred to Adair as a "my-way-or-the-highway guy with a cookie-cutter approach" that didn't resonate with Arrieta. Pitcher and pupil butted heads over hand positioning and numerous other subtleties of the craft.

In hindsight, Arrieta declines to single out Adair for his travails with the Orioles. But he acknowledges that his mind was cluttered with too much unproductive advice in Baltimore. He wasn't unlike dozens of other prospects who wind up feeling stifled and confused when an organization spends too much time dictating and not enough time trying to find a middle ground.

"It's not like a pity-me kind of thing," Arrieta said. "There are players in those type of situations every day, in the minors and at the big league level, whose careers are set back because of different individual circumstances.

"It's been that way forever, unfortunately. Maybe it's based on an overload of information or a constant focus on the wrong things. It's hard to have success here in the major leagues, let alone consistent success, if you're worried about variables that you cannot control."

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13785255/jake-arrieta-chicago-cubs-all-perseverance-determination

It is really a Jake article. But has stuff about Adair, I posted it in the MLB thread.

Multiple sources said that Arrieta's problems in Baltimore stemmed in part from a strained relationship with former Orioles pitching coach Rick Adair, an old-school type who was not particularly receptive to young pitchers with free-thinking orientations. "Rick was hard on young pitchers," said one current Orioles player who declined to be named.

Another person familiar with the situation referred to Adair as a "my-way-or-the-highway guy with a cookie-cutter approach" that didn't resonate with Arrieta. Pitcher and pupil butted heads over hand positioning and numerous other subtleties of the craft.

In hindsight, Arrieta declines to single out Adair for his travails with the Orioles. But he acknowledges that his mind was cluttered with too much unproductive advice in Baltimore. He wasn't unlike dozens of other prospects who wind up feeling stifled and confused when an organization spends too much time dictating and not enough time trying to find a middle ground.

"It's not like a pity-me kind of thing," Arrieta said. "There are players in those type of situations every day, in the minors and at the big league level, whose careers are set back because of different individual circumstances.

"It's been that way forever, unfortunately. Maybe it's based on an overload of information or a constant focus on the wrong things. It's hard to have success here in the major leagues, let alone consistent success, if you're worried about variables that you cannot control."

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13785255/jake-arrieta-chicago-cubs-all-perseverance-determination

Good stuff. Thanks. Buck guy. I kinda liked him.

He still had a year on his contract when he "left".

Archived