vs. YANKEES, 10/03 (Game Two)

OFFNY

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Angels just scored five runs in the 9th inning to come back from a four run deficit against the Rangers. In a curious move, Jeff Banister brought in his closer Shawn Tolleson to pitch in his 5th consecutive game. He promptly gave up back to back homeruns to Aybar and Calhoun.

Just wow. Man.

A lady tonight brought a small sign that read O's lives matter with the numbers on the bottom of the free agents. On the other side it said Pay Up Angelos. She was not allowed to bring it into the Yard.

Fans in the seats way under 10,000

This time of year, out of contention teams should consider impromptu promotions to keep everyone engaged. For instance, in the spirit of Banksy's Dismaland, the O's could do an Oriole Cold Reality night. No alcohol sales, only tofu dogs on offer, fans would be encouraged to voice their displeasure through inventive signs and costumes, the team would wear ill-fitting cotton uniforms.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Some time in the 2010's, I heard Sam Miller on Effectively Wild guess by 2050 starting and relieving as baseball has known them would mostly go extinct save for perhaps the best 20-30 talents (maybe think Kyle Bradish on up these days). Living through it, we'll get to see our Orioles contribute a verse as they scientifically curate the careers of Grayson Rodriguez, Chayce McDermott, Luis De Leon and others. Cade Povich with a strong assortment of benders and not a huge fastball for me is trending towards the Kyle Gibson way of leading his team in regular season innings pitched and being a marginal Start/Sit if his team makes the postseason. With good fortune by the end of 2026 Cade Povich will be almost as prominent an MLBPA member as Grayson Rodriguez as the players collaborate on negotiating priorities.    Like say maybe...the club's current opportunity to make a pitcher's 6.000 years of team control take up 7-8 years of their baseball lives in the best case scenario because they "aren't built up" to be Roy Halladay.
    • A lot of guys on that list have also just had a very hard time staying healthy.  Haskin has done some good things but missed a lot of time.  Servideo missed a lot of time.  Ardoin actually has had a decent career so far for a 4th rounder. Reed Trimble is another guy that just can't stay on the field.  Looks like he made it about 2 weeks this year before going on the IL yet again.  Not sure what the injury is (yes RZ I did google it :))
    • Have you ever seen them in the same room together…? 
    • What a bummer, especially means. Glad we got to see some vintage Means in his first start back. I'd love to bring him back on a two year deal 
    • What he's been able to do at the plate has been a nice pick-me-up for the a team that has had multiple hitters struggling at the same time. For me though, watching how he's handled 2B this season has been a treat. The tag on the SB attempt last night was a play that not all 2B make.    There's been times I would have traded or released him for nothing, but right now I'm really glad he's still here.
    • If he stays right where he is right now hitting .245, he has very nice value. On pace for a 3-4 war season. As a secondary piece, that’s huge.
    • Adding relievers should be the priority, but that doesn't mean Elias won't look to strengthen our staff or add a hitter as well.  I'm not expecting us to trade for Luzardo, but it's a possibility with the injuries that our staff has been through. 
  • Popular Contributors