Cespedes or Davis

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really can't let the draft pick come into your decision here. If the O's had signed Davis for let's say 5/100 at some point in the last year, would you be upset over losing a pick? I doubt it. Drafts picks are fun, but not too reliable. My pick is Davis. Cespedes has bounced around too much, there has to be issues.

You really can't let the draft pick come into your decision here. If the O's had signed Davis for let's say 5/100 at some point in the last year, would you be upset over losing a pick? I doubt it. Drafts picks are fun, but not too reliable. My pick is Davis. Cespedes has bounced around too much, there has to be issues.

Of course you can, it is part of the equation.

I factored in the loss of a pick when I evaluated the Hardy extension last season.

Of course not. But Boras never let that even enter the discussion. DD did talk to him about an extension. A couple times over the last couple years. Talks never went anywhere.

The issues were with the teams that traded for him. They stunk, so they sold. I'm with Paul, I've only heard of the issues that he had with the coaches in Boston. I haven't heard anything out of Oakland, Detroit, or Queens. That doesn't mean that there were not issues, but I have not heard or seen anything.

The issues were with the teams that traded for him. They stunk, so they sold. I'm with Paul, I've only heard of the issues that he had with the coaches in Boston. I haven't heard anything out of Oakland, Detroit, or Queens. That doesn't mean that there were not issues, but I have not heard or seen anything.

The A's stunk when they traded Cespedes?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/games/standings.cgi?year=2014&month=7&day=31&submit=Submit+Date

Looks to me like they had the best record in baseball.

Archived