Cespedes or Davis

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me preface this by saying they both may be out of our price range' date=' but, BUT, but, if we were to sign one, and the money being equal, who would you rather have?[/quote']

But Chris Davis will get 50 million more. So how do we even that out.

But Chris Davis will get 50 million more. So how do we even that out.

My gut feeling from what I've read is that Davis will get more per year, but Cespedes will get more years. People don't seem to think that Davis will age as well.

One thing to consider, Cespedes won't cost a pick, and we get a pick if Davis signs elsewhere.

My gut feeling from what I've read is that Davis will get more per year, but Cespedes will get more years. People don't seem to think that Davis will age as well.

One thing to consider, Cespedes won't cost a pick, and we get a pick if Davis signs elsewhere.

I like that. I do think Davis gets a longer contract than Cespedes. Because he is left handed.

Oh, but all things being equal, I probably lean slightly towards Davis - because he's and Oriole and one of the good guys.

Good guy? His drug suspension cost the team a trip to the World Series?

OTOH he really was a ream player when Buck jerked him around and out him in RF

Not a Cespedes fan. Questionable mental game and not a great offensive player over his career if you take away the second half of this season. This lineup doesn't need anymore hackers and that is what he is at the plate.

I would much rather resign Davis and I would even prefer Upton, Heyward, and Gordon over Cespedes even considering the draft picks.

And I don't understand why they think that. Davis is a Greek God. In as good a shape as any player could be.

Good guy? His drug suspension cost the team a trip to the World Series?

OTOH he really was a ream player when Buck jerked him around and out him in RF

Jerked him around? Just my opinion but I thought Davis welcomed the idea of helping the team any way he could, including the challenge of playing the outfield. Doesn't hurt his resume' one little bit also.

Archived