Duquette talks (Orioles to spend extensive resources in FA)

weams

Jerry Crasnick of ESPN was told by a person with knowledge of the Cardinals' agenda that the team's reported interest in Chris Davis is "overblown.".

I have to think the thin market might benefit the Orioles.[/QUOTE]

Which is something MLBTR said a couple of months back, the teams with money to spend, and how other needs more compelling.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been extremely critical of Angelos in the past for all the penny pinching. I'm not sure what has changed this year but I like it. Kudos to Duquette as I like all of Kim, Rickard, Trumbo, and Fowler. I'm okay with Gallardo but would have rather had Kazmir. I'm happy to see ODay and Davis back although I hate the contract and believe Peter was bidding against himself.

Great offseason....best in too many years.

I get the penny pinching criticism, been in that camp myself, but that has been over for some time now. People don't release the money that PAG has spent in fixing a very bad situation in Florida and what a GEM Sarasota is now. Penny Pinchers don't do that.

Free Agents want to come here, and that wasn't the case before Andy and DD help right the ship.

Is this team perfect, no, far from perfect, IMO, they really need to put some thought into fixing their season ticket sales support staff. But, heck, if that's my only complaint, then what the heck.

I've given credit and I've been critical.

DD' date=' way to cap off a offseason of spending. He spent the Tysons galleria money then waited out for the prices to drop on some solid players for his "bargain" specials.

Going to be a fun season. Everyone picking the O's to finish last; you know Buck and the players will use that as extra motivation.[/quote']

We have a great depth chart of excellent posters here.

Archived