Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They might be just fine. No need to trade our pen for one that might not be better.

In a vacuum, I'd rather have a capable everyday outfielder instead of a relief pitcher. That doesn't mean I would specifically trade Britton for Dickerson, but I think it makes sense to trade from a relative strength (the bullpen) to address a position that right now is a black hole (RF).

In a vacuum, I'd rather have a capable everyday outfielder instead of a relief pitcher. That doesn't mean I would specifically trade Britton for Dickerson, but I think it makes sense to trade from a relative strength (the bullpen) to address a position that right now is a black hole (RF).

Depends on how the FO addresses RF. I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis in RF because DD can't figure out what to do with Paredes.

I disagree. But that is the fun of message boards. I think we'll be fine in the outfield.

Depends on how the FO addresses RF. I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis in RF because DD can't figure out what to do with Paredes.

Davis to RF on a permanent basis will not happen. I think Trumbomb would trot out there every day before Davis.

for Jake McGhee

think we could have gotten him for Zach Britton?

should we have?

I'm really wondering what the plan is for Britton seeing he is a FA at end of year, a Boras client so not likely to extend, or sign for a reasonable team friendly deal.

If we could have gotten a 26 yo corner OF'er to plug a big need for multiple years for a closer that we are only going to have for one more season I would have been all over it.

Britton being a FA at the end of the year is news to everyone including DD. He is a FA in 2019. Or am I reading this wrong lol.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/brittza01.shtml

Who knows? But on a per-inning basis I don't see why you'd be all over Fister or Gallardo but think Worley is some kind of bargain bin hail mary. Worley at 1/2.6 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Gallardo at whatever he's going to get + #14 pick.

Looking at his numbers I'm really starting to my mind the prospect of Worley getting first crack at the #5 spot. I'd certainly prefer it to giving up the pick. Bring latos in on a MiLB contract with a June 1 opt out and have Wilson/wright as the number 7 or so option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at his numbers I'm really starting to my mind the prospect of Worley getting first crack at the #5 spot. I'd certainly prefer it to giving up the pick. Bring latos in on a MiLB contract with a June 1 opt out and have Wilson/wright as the number 7 or so option.

He was dreadful in 2013, good in 2011 and 2013 but even in those years he only holds a "decent" WHIP... doesnt seem to walk a lot of hitter, good HR/9 rate... I could see it happening.

I don't think a minor league deal gets it down with Latos.

He was dreadful in 2013, good in 2011 and 2013 but even in those years he only holds a "decent" WHIP... doesnt seem to walk a lot of hitter, good HR/9 rate... I could see it happening.

Doesn't walk a ton of guys either. The thing is, you'll be hard pressed to find someone with better than a "decent" whips at this point in the game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kendrick gets $20M, 2-yr deal <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/dodgers?src=hash">#dodgers</a></p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

">January 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

His 15.8 million dollar qualifying offer would have been better. For one season.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kendrick gets $20M, 2-yr deal <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/dodgers?src=hash">#dodgers</a></p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="
">January 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

His 15.8 million dollar qualifying offer would have been better. For one season.

For him or the Dodgers?

Archived